or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3810  

post #57136 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Plus 1,000 for not only monks, but NST monks -- the king, queen, prince, lord, subjects and vassals of monks.   And the usual excellent shine applied to them.

If only, when I had the chance, I had hit up Alden of Carmel more than I did for special styles, like the NST monks.  

Always great to see them.

nephew,
the ravello nst monks were a limited edition done by leathersoul
post #57137 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

+1, especially if uncle has treated them. Beautiful color on your ravello, Uncle.  Wear them in great health!

nephew,
thank you
post #57138 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

shog[1].gif
Great looking shoes uncle. The color is amazing.

nephew,
thank you
post #57139 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank you be. A day of meetings, but had excellent Mexican food for lunch.
Thanks. These where my gateway pair.
Thanks uncle.
Thank you rtp.
For today only, and i will change my mind about this. 1. Ravello ptb, 2. #4 atom, 3. Ravello plaza boots (indys)

Those are excellent choices. I don't own a pair, but I think ravello PTBs are in my top 3 desired Aldens.
post #57140 of 122416

10.5E on the modified last, available at moulded for the adventurous..

 

post #57141 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

What is the Pgh twist in the makeup? They look stock to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

+1. As a Pgh'er, I am curious about this as well. While I've yet to purchase anything from Nettleton's, I work pretty close to his store and have talked to him a few times. Talk about a nice and knowledgable owner. If I could find something unique, I would love to give him some business.

They are indeed stock 986 LHS. PGH thing is just a little inside jock since Bakes lived in the Burgh for a bit and that's incidentally where I was able to try on the LHS for size and buy while on a business trip.
post #57142 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

note that those crepe soled lwb do not have the antiqued sole, but rather dark. 

i bought a pair with the intention of resoling them to look like the offering from fransboone (at a deeper discount, as at the time, jcrew discount of 30 or 40% iirc)

And Jcrew sent me the wrong shoe. Got calfskin instead of shell with a leather sole instead of crepe. They have no more left in my size and now I have to go out of my way to return them. This is why I don't buy from Jcrew.

Back to the drawing board to try to find a crepe soled cordovan shoe (need for long distance walking)
Edited by RevisIsland - 8/13/13 at 7:21pm
post #57143 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I see that Context have a snuff suede Roy Boot with waterlock sole available. Doesn't say anything about a pre-order which suggests they're available now? They look pretty nice to me.



I'm looking forward to receiving the Rough Roy in early September.

+1 I ordered my Roy boots last March!!!
post #57144 of 122416
thoughts on The Shoe Mart's Natural Chromexcel plain toe Indy boot? i'm afraid they might come off looking a little like Doc Marten's or something.
post #57145 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post


And Jcrew sent me the wrong shoe. Got calfskin instead of shell with a leather sole instead of crepe. They have no more left in my size and now I have to go out of my way to return them. This is why I don't buy from Jcrew.

Back to the drawing board to try to find a crepe soled cordovan shoe (need for long distance walking)

fransboone has some cigar offerings on crepe. 

post #57146 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

fransboone has some cigar offerings on crepe. 

Also, Unionmade has #8's on crepe -- a PTB and a Ranger Moc.
post #57147 of 122416
I know there are a bunch of other guys here waiting on some pre-orders with Leather Soul from back in January of 2012...I just got an email reply from Will and he said my tan suede LWBs are still AT LEAST another 6 months away from production. That would bring the total wait time for these up to over 2 years.

I can understand long waits for some rare shell colors (well, I can't really understand it all that well, but I'll tolerate it for now), but this is a pretty standard suede makeup, nothing fancy...I can't understand why it's taking so long. I'm officially done with pre-orders from Alden. Once I get all the ones I've been waiting on for the past 2-3 years, no more pre-orders for me. Wait times will probably be 5+ years pretty soon. Hell, the Ravello Brixton is only 2 more years away from a 5+ year wait!
post #57148 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Gentlemen, is there a preference amongst the faithful for either the Alden for Epaulet Innsbrook Indy or the TSM Alden #8 Bootmaker Indy, both with commando soles, Innsbrook has speed hooks and the TSM has eyelets? Chromexcel vs shell.

Can't go wrong either way.

Completely different boots and probably not fair to compare one against the other, IMO. I own the two boots in question except my TSM version is black shell, and not color 8 (I have enough color 8 boots).

I am not a huge 403 or 405 guy, but I found the Innsbruck to be just different enough that I really like it. The Innsbruck is also a great boot for wintry weather.
post #57149 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by doopdoop View Post

thoughts on The Shoe Mart's Natural Chromexcel plain toe Indy boot? i'm afraid they might come off looking a little like Doc Marten's or something.

There have been pictures a few pages of back of the natural cxl Indy boots.  Scroll back a few pages and make your own judgment.  

 

I own this Indy boot and think it looks great.  Whether it looks like D Marten's or not, I don't know.  It never occurred to me, so I guess that means I think they do not.  Again, they are your dogs.  You decide what you put on them.

post #57150 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I know there are a bunch of other guys here waiting on some pre-orders with Leather Soul from back in January of 2012...I just got an email reply from Will and he said my tan suede LWBs are still AT LEAST another 6 months away from production. That would bring the total wait time for these up to over 2 years.

I can understand long waits for some rare shell colors (well, I can't really understand it all that well, but I'll tolerate it for now), but this is a pretty standard suede makeup, nothing fancy...I can't understand why it's taking so long. I'm officially done with pre-orders from Alden. Once I get all the ones I've been waiting on for the past 2-3 years, no more pre-orders for me. Wait times will probably be 5+ years pretty soon. Hell, the Ravello Brixton is only 2 more years away from a 5+ year wait!

QFT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.