I just looked at both pics. I think you both are correct. The stitching of the barrie lasted whiskey seems to be closer the edge. The stitching on the ravello appears higher on the vamp, creating a different look/illusion. The shape of the whiskey is definitely rounder than the ravello.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3789post #56821 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:11pmpost #56822 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:13pmRTP: Uncle, while these are fantastic, I think I like your whiskey NST from yesterday a smidge more. Is this ravello NST on the barrie? Are your whiskey NST from yesterday on aberdeen? Both are sublime. Wear in great health...
Objection. The ravellos win this battle going away. The ravello NST on the Aberdeen is one of Alden's finest models, IMO. But, of course, both are nice.
A good weekend to all.post #56823 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:17pmRTP: I just looked at both pics. I think you both are correct. The stitching of the barrie lasted whiskey seems to be closer the edge. The stitching on the ravello appears higher on the vamp, creating a different look/illusion. The shape of the whiskey is definitely rounder than the ravello.
NSTs on Barrie and NSTs on Aberdeen: IRL, a side by side comparison presents an entirely different shoe, IMO.post #56824 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:20pmQuote:
Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence... lol. I may agree with you if given the chance to try both and see both side-by-side.
Enjoy yours as well Seven...post #56825 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:42pmEnter Marisa tomei in my cousin vinny....
. "It's a fact."
Uncle's ravello nsts win by a nose. They are freaking awesome.
It's difficult to figure lasts on his shoes because some are narrow width, he also bought back when alden offered special orders.
In short, he cheated. Like the guy who bought 50 Michael Jordan rookie cards back in 86.post #56826 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:44pmpost #56827 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
Thank you, sir. I believe I heard that the boot is going to be discontinued, so snap it up while you can.post #56828 of 1224168/9/13 at 3:52pmpost #56829 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:00pmpost #56830 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:14pmpost #56831 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:16pm
Sadly the saga continues with my cigar PTB's.
To recap, they had a streaky, uneven finish upon receipt. I thought I could live with it. However, every time I wore them in sunlight, the uneven finish seemed more and more apparent.
I sent images to TSM to inquire about having Alden refinish them and they requested I ship them back to TSM for inspection. TSM sent them to Alden for refinishing and they came back last week (3 weeks door to door). They looked great, the streaks were gone and I was happy to have them back after just three weeks.
However after just a day of wear this past monday, the finish flaked off in certain spots right at the creases. I sent these images back to TSM on Tuesday and my CS Rep forwarded them to Ed, the owner. I'm awaiting their response now.
Shoemart's been great so far and I'm not worried at all about their service.
Anybody ever see anything like this before? These are my 5th pair of shell shoes/boots (Alden & AE) and it's new to me.post #56832 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #56833 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:25pmpost #56834 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:56pm
Alright...Indy sizing question. A ten fits me 100% spot on perfect. Unfortunately, I can't find the natural cxl in anything but a 10.5 and I'm really, really set on that shade. Anybody have experience throwing superfeet insoles in their Indys? I'm hoping that adding the black ones might make up the .5 size difference.post #56835 of 1224168/9/13 at 4:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by mechanicalmatt
Alright...Indy sizing question. A ten fits me 100% spot on perfect. Unfortunately, I can't find the natural cxl in anything but a 10.5 and I'm really, really set on that shade. Anybody have experience throwing superfeet insoles in their Indys? I'm hoping that adding the black ones might make up the .5 size difference.
Don't do it.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Nigel Cabourn 18 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Exotic Shell Boots - Cigar Indy, Whiskey Wingtip 3 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden x J Crew Tobacco LWB 9.5D 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway