Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3740post #56086 of 1224167/30/13 at 3:05pmpost #56087 of 1224167/30/13 at 3:11pmpost #56088 of 1224167/30/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Great choice and congrats on getting them at a good price. Enjoy!post #56089 of 1224167/30/13 at 4:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
The extra stitch is functional in a Norwegian-welt shoe (see below). Goodyear-welted shoes use this as a decorative stitch as Organika said. The waterloc sole is referring to the oil that the leather is saturated with to make it more waterproof. Oil and water don't mix... there's nothing more to it than that.
Thanks for this x2! Learned about this and the "king" shell designation today.post #56090 of 1224167/30/13 at 4:48pmpost #56091 of 1224167/30/13 at 4:54pmpost #56092 of 1224167/30/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
Very nice yours look like the Jcrew version with the eyelets , I like that and Leffot version but they don't have E widths, the Madison has a single flex sole and DC has one but with crepe.
Edited by epc2 - 7/31/13 at 12:42pmpost #56093 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:04pmpost #56094 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:04pmYo yo yo yo yo.
I finally managed to get a pair of BBBF shell longwings which I've wanted for basically ever and they're awesome shoes and feel great. Fit is excellent, need a break-in but already quite comfy. However, after wearing them for one day (bought new in box), I have discovered a problem, depicted in yonder video:
See how the right shoe creases perfectly, but the left seems to have one crease at the vamp, and then the next few inches of leather are stiff enough such that they do not crease and instead a crease forms in the middle of the toe cap over the broguing? Apparently the leather over the lower part of the vamp before the toe cap is unwilling to bend, and the path of least resistance is simply to push that patch of leather forward over top of the toe cap, creating a lump.
Any input or ideas on this? I already emailed aldenshoe.com but I have no idea what their email response habits are or if I even directed the inquiry to the right people.post #56095 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:32pmpost #56096 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BeSpiffington
Cigar LHS, Marcoliani merino argyle mc, Bill's khakis Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i had a chance to get these once... shoulda, coulda....
nice loafers sir.Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
A new member of the family arrived yesterday. Nothing fancy, nothing exotic. About as basic as they come, but a model I had overlooked in search of her exotic cousins.
Alden's LHS, in color King
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice looking loafers sazon.Quote:Originally Posted by mcarthur
cigar cap toe boot
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
your cigar boots are seriously messing with my mind. i can't wait for these to come back someday, they will come back and ill be waiting.Quote:
i have a thing for alden saddles, where are these from?Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
My vote goes to the Snuff LWB. It is easily among the most comfortable shoes I have. Also, the LWB is on a double waterlock sole.
sweet suede rtp. looking goodpost #56097 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:46pmpost #56098 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
thank you, i like the details as well. still trying to figure out how much to restore them.
thank you be.
thank you sir.
thanks uncle, good day for boots indeed.Quote:
nice shoes. i have said that phrase to myself before. im sorry to tell you, you have the fever and the only cure for it is the shell. the very exotic and expensive shell.Quote:
thanks for the kind words rtp.post #56099 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:57pm
X-post from the shoe care thread...
I need some assistance. These are my #8 Alden x J.Crew PCT boots. Got them new and they're now about 8 months old and truthfully, haven't been cared for very much other than a couple of Reno treatments every few months. They've lightened up considerably since I got them and I have now just noticed this dark spot on the vamp of the left boot. I am 99% sure I haven't spilled oil or anything on them. I think the spot gradually appeared as the boots lightened. It's almost like it was a dye stain that was covered with the finishing that Alden performed.
IRL the spot/stain is not that noticeable as in these pics. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get rid of it? I'm not much of a wax fan and rarely use anything other than Reno or VC on any of my footwear. But I will on these if it will help.post #56100 of 1224167/30/13 at 5:58pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 seconds ago
- › Workout clothes with no logos 38 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply LaSpalla/Jort - 38/40R - Birdseye Mint 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Strand Dainite Resole Thickness? 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...