or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3728  

post #55906 of 122416
LWB on Aberdeen/Hampton/Plaza all would be fine with me, though I have only seen MTO LWB on Plaza (foo's one shoe thread)
post #55907 of 122416
Something like this (AE, but not MacNeil), though they're not in shell though

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+sanderson+burnished+leather+oxford?prodId=286856&activeCats=dsw10cat130006,dsw12cat900002,dsw12cat1780024,dsw12cat1780036

EG ones are nice, but it is actually too sleek, not for the purpose I want it for (half casual/half dressy), and don't need the constrast
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Wingtip-Bluchers/MH00163,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00163_Color=BRWN&contentpos=2&cgid=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Harrogate/MH00237,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00237_Color=BRWN&contentpos=9&cgid=
post #55908 of 122416
Can someone link me the "questionable" video of the ... hrm... cordovan fan... that was in the thread a while back? Mentioned the indecent video on another forum and had a request for it, but not sure where it was.
post #55909 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Can someone link me the "questionable" video of the ... hrm... cordovan fan... that was in the thread a while back? Mentioned the indecent video on another forum and had a request for it, but not sure where it was.

Search YouTube for "Shell Cordovan love" it will be the first video. I'm surprised it has not been removed by YouTube...
post #55910 of 122416
Thanks mediahound - I'll reference that.

And for the record, I had described the premise of the video and another user didn't believe me... so not deliberately searching out teh nasty here.
post #55911 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Actually, Alden DC, Madison, San Fran, TSM, etc... all have a wide selection of non-barrie lasted shoes.  While you are correct that MTOs are almost impossible to come by, there are many sleek-looking available Alden lasts out there (it may require some looking).  Additionally, the leydon last wouldn't be my first choice for the dressier, sleeker look.  BB's M-58 and M-75 lasts are excellent.  The aberdeen and plaza lasts are great.  I spent last weekend in NYC and found plenty of sleeker Aldens on lasts outside of barrie at Alden on Madison, Leffot, Citishoes, J Press,  and BB to name a few.  If you're looking for a sleek dressy look, Alden has options.  But if Carmina or Vass have what you want with greater availability, have at it.  But you will not get the classic American-made shoe/look with Carmina.  And that my friend, is perfectly fine if that's your choice.  It just isn't mine. TBH, I don't mind the wait times because I can not afford to acquire everything I want all at once. The demand and lack of supply actually paces me well and gives me time to decide that I do not need another very similar variation of color 8.  Patience is a virtue! smile.gif

 

While I am on the subject, I might as well complete the rant...  nest.gif  I find it disturbing that someone would ship American-made classics to some Spaniards to steal/replicate lasts/shoes/boots that have become uniquely American.  I am not normally a nativistic jingo, but I'll support the American-made classic because I actually prefer it to the more expensive European producers.

 

I know this may rub some of you the wrong way, but disagreement and preference is healthy and perfectly acceptable on a thread that is as civil and friendly as this one.

 

My friends, all the best...

 

 

I completely understand your point. I think I was frustrated because I was looking for a kind of dress boot (non shell) that was sleek, but most of Alden is shell, and those not shell are mostly indy's/work boots. But you do have to admit that a very high percentage of Alden shoes are on the barrie last (compared to other companies that seem to not specialize in just one last).

 

And the one that TSM has on hampton last is on back order until next april.


Edited by venividivicibj - 7/28/13 at 10:47pm
post #55912 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


I completely understand your point. I think I was frustrated because I was looking for a kind of dress shoe (non shell) that was sleek, but most of Alden is shell, and those not shell are mostly indy's/work boots. But you do have to admit that a very high percentage of Alden shoes are on the barrie last (compared to other companies that seem to not specialize in just one last).

And the one that TSM has on hampton last is on back order until next april.

Alden has numerous non-shell dress shoes, most of which are on the Hampton and Aberdeen lasts.

What style and color are you looking for? captoe bal? captoe blucher? nst?
post #55913 of 122416

oops. boot. meant to put dress boot.

 

and I think I'm just going to pre order the one at TSM on hampton and wait for april. (only problem is, because i don't receive it until april, it makes me feel like i want to buy another shoe...no gratification  yet haha)

post #55914 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Well, I would like to have the long wing shell cordovan on something other than barrie without MTO for starter...

Get a Japan proxy and get a united arrows ravello longwing on the modified. About $1k I would have gotten a pair but they only go up to 9.5

Trickers offers plenty of shell longwings too though its not horween.
post #55915 of 122416
Ravello LWB's on a Monday
post #55916 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Ravello LWB's on a Monday

nephew,
looking good in your gunboats
post #55917 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good in your gunboats
Uncle, thank you very much.
post #55918 of 122416
http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawCategories.aspx?CategoryID=94&PageID=19

Of the shoes (ex boots) in this list, only three are Barrie lasted. Most of Alden's shoes are actually non-barrie, at least in color 8 and black.

What is true that independent retailers tend to order shoes on the Barrie last because it is the most popular...
post #55919 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Search YouTube for "Shell Cordovan love" it will be the first video. I'm surprised it has not been removed by YouTube...

My gosh, that was bizarre.
post #55920 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Ravello LWB's on a Monday

I like the contrasting laces. Are these typically in the shoe or did you swap them to match your shirt? Either way, nice combo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.