Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3719post #55771 of 1224167/26/13 at 8:52ampost #55772 of 1224167/26/13 at 9:03ampost #55773 of 1224167/26/13 at 9:25ampost #55774 of 1224167/26/13 at 9:59amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by venividivicibjQuote:Originally Posted by sazon
Regarding the MTO Alt Wein boot:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)My preferences are:
0. Color 8 !
1. All eyelets, no speed hooks
2. Dark edge trim (dressier)
3. double leather sole, with double water-loc as 2nd choice.
4. Alden of DC
Let's get it on !
I agree with all of these
Plaza? Close heel and flat welt?
Edited by Mr. Six - 7/26/13 at 10:21ampost #55775 of 1224167/26/13 at 10:30ampost #55776 of 1224167/26/13 at 10:38ampost #55777 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:01ampost #55778 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:19ampost #55779 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Flat Head or Iron Heart jeans?
Regardless ... the double cuff works with that straight fit and the "work" boot.post #55780 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:24ampost #55781 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:28ampost #55782 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:39amHow do guys rate Alden double soles in comfort and weight?
Between Double oak leather, double waterlock,commando and Crepe(not double but similar in size) which one do you consider the more comfortable ?
I know single waterlock is very light and comfortable but haven't tried the double.
Also between single waterlock and Crepe for all day wearing but not a lot of walking?.
Thanks.post #55783 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:43amout of the box comfort:
single waterlock is best for all day comfort however can become uncomfortable after a couple of miles of walkingpost #55784 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:50amQuote:
double waterlock is probably my favorite for combination of comfort and weightpost #55785 of 1224167/26/13 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
The commando sole is surprisingly low profile. I have one pair of color 8 SWB on commando for days with dressier demands but wintery or wet ground conditions. Be forewarned though...
commando soles + rainy day + marble floors = accident waiting to happen! (according to Uncle)
i would agree with the commando sole... very low profile.... almost stealth like :)
i love them on some Indy boots i have in winter conditions, but i don't typically walk on marble so not sure about slipping there.... ha!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Navy blue Pal Ziler mainline suit in Super 170's wool. 54R EU Drop 8 2 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...