I've never pre ordered before with Leffot, are they generally timely with fulfillment?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3715post #55711 of 1224167/25/13 at 10:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55712 of 1224167/25/13 at 10:39amQuote:
Usually pretty close. The difference with them compared to some other retailers is that they do not offer the pre-order until the order is confirmed into production. These means that a timeframe for delivery has been given by Alden. I prefer this style to the 2+ years I have been waiting for other orderspost #55713 of 1224167/25/13 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
Usually pretty close. The difference with them compared to some other retailers is that they do not offer the pre-order until the order is confirmed into production. These means that a timeframe for delivery has been given by Alden. I prefer this style to the 2+ years I have been waiting for other orders
Good to hear, I just pulled the trigger on them.post #55714 of 1224167/25/13 at 10:59amQuote:
Thanks. This is my 1st pair of shells that I've bought new and am amazed how the color is coming in.post #55715 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:19ampost #55716 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:21ampost #55717 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:24amPSA: so the whole shell cordovan shortage thing is bullshit. I had a friend go to the Horween factory today (his 3d time visiting). He spoke to Nick Horween who offered to fill all the orders of shell that he wanted. The whole shell wait time is unclear-but it is not for lack of shell.post #55718 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:25ampost #55719 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by JermynStreet
PSA: so the whole shell cordovan shortage thing is bullshit. I had a friend go to the Horween factory today (his 3d time visiting). He spoke to Nick Horween who offered to fill all the orders of shell that he wanted. The whole shell wait time is unclear-but it is not for lack of shell.
This doesn't mean the shortage is BS. Your friend may be able to go to Horween and place an order for 10 shells, yet Horween could still not have enough to fill an order from Alden for 1,000.post #55720 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:36amQuote:
True, but he said that he saw "stacks and stacks" of shells. Indicated that it was in the hundreds.post #55721 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:40amQuote:
Means nothing. Maybe normally they would have thousands.
I can't recall where but I read an article/interview with Nick Horween recently where he stated that they are not operating near to capacity with shell cordovan like they used to.post #55722 of 1224167/25/13 at 11:41amStores like Leffot and Leather Soul may have thousands of Alden shoes on preorder at any given moment... This of course ignores J Crew, Brooks Brothers, the Alden shops, the international market, Allen Edmonds, etc. A few hundred shells isn't that much compared to total demand.post #55723 of 1224167/25/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
There are two aspects to your questions: (1) how long does it take Alden to create the shoes and get them to Leffot; and (2) once Leffot receives the shoes, how timely are they in letting you know they have them, collecting the balance due and getting them to you.
The first aspect of your questions vexes every Alden retailer because, apparently, Alden cannot or does not hew to a schedule in getting product to its retailers. We have all heard of the difficulty in getting shoes in exotic cordovan. A number of retailers have told me that even color 8 and black cordovan and non-cordovan product is difficult to get in timely or expected fashion from Alden. Retailers will give you estimated production times, but they are only estimates that, in my experience, have been met sometimes, sometimes they have not. But, all of the preorders in which I have participated, which have involved the non-exotic cordovans and other leathers, have not been inordinately long.
As to the second aspect of your question, Leffot's service has been superb.
If you like the shoes,, and can live with 4-6 months, I would do it.post #55724 of 1224167/25/13 at 12:03pmLots of the waits are for ravello and cigar and whiskey (where the shell has to be perfect for those colors to be produced) color 8 and black weren't really in shortage
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/25/13 at 12:44pmpost #55725 of 1224167/25/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Stores like Leffot and Leather Soul may have thousands of Alden shoes on preorder at any given moment... This of course ignores J Crew, Brooks Brothers, the Alden shops, the international market, Allen Edmonds, etc. A few hundred shells isn't that much compared to total demand.
Another example why anecdotal evidence has to be considered with a pillar of salt in drawing broader conclusions.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Cars We Drive! 5 seconds ago
- › NEW ALDEN color 8 Wingtip boots, crepe sole, 9.5D Barrie/US 10D 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...