Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3713post #55681 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:16pmpost #55682 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:27pm
I think I got them in March/April. Had my eye on them for a while and used the 30% during the BB corporate event. $350. Probably never wouldn't have paid $500 for them.
I discovered that I like fine-nap suede, which is what got me thinking about the Repello rangers that we discussed in another venue. How fine is the nap on your Milkshakes?post #55683 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:29pmpost #55684 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:44pmpost #55685 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:47pmpost #55686 of 1224167/24/13 at 9:02pmpost #55687 of 1224167/24/13 at 9:14pm
Can somebody tell me if this is a pair of Aldens, and if so, which pair? I found it in a google search for Alden shoes, but I can't seem to find a pair that looks like this anywhere else. I don't feel like I've seen an Alden longwing in this color brown with that contrasting welt. Any help appreciated. Thanks y'all.post #55688 of 1224167/24/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Thank you Uncle. I don't own any edge-trim dressing yet. Will have to pick some up on my next purchase.
Your Ravello captoes are looking absolutely stunning as well. Great pair!post #55689 of 1224167/24/13 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrettdudley
Can somebody tell me if this is a pair of Aldens, and if so, which pair? I found it in a google search for Alden shoes, but I can't seem to find a pair that looks like this anywhere else. I don't feel like I've seen an Alden longwing in this color brown with that contrasting welt. Any help appreciated. Thanks y'all.
Not sure these are shell. Could be dark brown calf with natural edge and welt. This shoe at TSM looks pretty close...post #55690 of 1224167/24/13 at 10:40pmpost #55691 of 1224167/24/13 at 10:51pm
thank you be.
thanks for the kind words sazon.
thank you rtp.
great looking combo argentinopost #55692 of 1224167/24/13 at 10:53pmpost #55693 of 1224167/24/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
I dont mind, dark brown/black whatever you guys agree on, I'm open to it.
I'm down for normal double leather, or the water loc, or the dainite.
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/24/13 at 11:47pmpost #55694 of 1224167/24/13 at 11:16pmI would be interested in either of these two boots--which seems to be what most people are describing.
The first is plaza and the second barrie.
I believe both are make ups for Leather Soul. I don't have any interest in the Alden commando sole - I am not a fan - so I would opt out if that is the direction.post #55695 of 1224167/24/13 at 11:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
I would be interested in either of these two boots--which seems to be what most people are describing.
The first is plaza and the second barrie.
I believe both are make ups for Leather Soul. I don't have any interest in the Alden commando sole - I am not a fan - so I would opt out if that is the direction.
the boot we are describing is like that, but rather a captoe instead of a shortwing.
I agree, I would rather have the double leather sole, water-lock, or dainite, not commando sole.
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/24/13 at 11:51pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gorgeous Light Blue Brioni Blazer 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Gorgeous Navy (with white stripe) Cucinelli Blazer 14 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 17 minutes ago
- › Purple Brioni Blazer 20 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Hw can Hermes or any other ordinary brand be better then this? 34 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 39 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding