You could count me in on that as well--as long as it was color 8.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3712post #55666 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55667 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I have no reservations about wearing chukkas all year long. I wear both my suede and shell chukkas anytime of year (and am considering adding a CXL chukka as well). The only time I don't wear the suede is in the winter when there is enough snow or ice on the ground that I need to worry about salt.
I think the variations that you will see between the shades of ravello and cigar and whiskey from retailer to retailer will have more to do with the batch of shell from Horween rather than the particular retailer.
Searching and persistence (and pre-orders to a lesser extent) are your friend when waiting on shell in colors other than #8 or black.
I find that needing to wait has at least one positive, gives me time to replenish the bank accountpost #55668 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:45pmQuote:
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/25/13 at 7:02ampost #55669 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by aldenwear
For many years had six pair of dress ahoes amd would wear each less than one day pwr woek week. Theae were hard wotking yeara and many of these days the shoes would see only carpet because I bicycled to and from work and the only hard use was walking a few blocks to work obligations and business events.
In addition, these are great shies. The other four shoes were two more pair of Aldens, and the other two were call skin church shirtwings and AE medallion tip monks. The AE and ahoetwings are long gone. All four Alden Corsovan are still on the scene. the some Church shoetwimgs and AE medallion captor monk straps.
That explains, I wonder how my calf shoes would look like 20 years down the road...post #55670 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:51pmpost #55671 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:01pmQuote:
First, thanks to all for some very good insight. I couldn't agree more with this particular statement. Shoemart has a ravello chukka on order that is promised for September. I could certainly wait a few months as it would give me a chance to save a few coins. My dilemma is that I would like my next purchase to balance things a little and I just purchased a sweet pair of color 8 chukkas. If I could get either a whiskey or ravello full strap slip-on, my wardrobe would be balanced and complete........for at least a month.post #55672 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:12pmpost #55673 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:17pmpost #55674 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:19pmpost #55675 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:20pmpost #55676 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:21pmpost #55677 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:23pmFyi, leather Sole offers this boot - if nit the exact thing, very, very close. It has offered this boot in color 8 and other leathers. Most recently leather sole offered it in cxl.
I mention this because leather sole may have an order fir this bout pending or even coming. If no one has checked with the store, it may be worthwhile to do so.
uote name="venividivicibj" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/55680#post_6490081"]
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.[/quote]post #55678 of 1224167/24/13 at 6:47pm
Black or natural edge dressing? If the boot is as pictured, but #8, Plaza last, AND black edge dressing, I'm in.
Does someone have an Alden seller in mind for the MTO? DC was amendable to the Thor boot, so maybe them?post #55679 of 1224167/24/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
Phew...glad I didn't get banned for using "boring" in an Alden thread. It is a great shoe. With cooler weather and the talk of year round chukka use, I may have to break it out tomorrow. I will NOT call its color 8 boring.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 57 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...