You could count me in on that as well--as long as it was color 8.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3712post #55666 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:15pmpost #55667 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I have no reservations about wearing chukkas all year long. I wear both my suede and shell chukkas anytime of year (and am considering adding a CXL chukka as well). The only time I don't wear the suede is in the winter when there is enough snow or ice on the ground that I need to worry about salt.
I think the variations that you will see between the shades of ravello and cigar and whiskey from retailer to retailer will have more to do with the batch of shell from Horween rather than the particular retailer.
Searching and persistence (and pre-orders to a lesser extent) are your friend when waiting on shell in colors other than #8 or black.
I find that needing to wait has at least one positive, gives me time to replenish the bank accountpost #55668 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:45pmQuote:
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/25/13 at 7:02ampost #55669 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by aldenwear
For many years had six pair of dress ahoes amd would wear each less than one day pwr woek week. Theae were hard wotking yeara and many of these days the shoes would see only carpet because I bicycled to and from work and the only hard use was walking a few blocks to work obligations and business events.
In addition, these are great shies. The other four shoes were two more pair of Aldens, and the other two were call skin church shirtwings and AE medallion tip monks. The AE and ahoetwings are long gone. All four Alden Corsovan are still on the scene. the some Church shoetwimgs and AE medallion captor monk straps.
That explains, I wonder how my calf shoes would look like 20 years down the road...post #55670 of 1224167/24/13 at 4:51pmpost #55671 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:01pmQuote:
First, thanks to all for some very good insight. I couldn't agree more with this particular statement. Shoemart has a ravello chukka on order that is promised for September. I could certainly wait a few months as it would give me a chance to save a few coins. My dilemma is that I would like my next purchase to balance things a little and I just purchased a sweet pair of color 8 chukkas. If I could get either a whiskey or ravello full strap slip-on, my wardrobe would be balanced and complete........for at least a month.post #55672 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:12pmpost #55673 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:17pmpost #55674 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:19pmpost #55675 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:20pmpost #55676 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:21pmpost #55677 of 1224167/24/13 at 5:23pmFyi, leather Sole offers this boot - if nit the exact thing, very, very close. It has offered this boot in color 8 and other leathers. Most recently leather sole offered it in cxl.
I mention this because leather sole may have an order fir this bout pending or even coming. If no one has checked with the store, it may be worthwhile to do so.
uote name="venividivicibj" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/55680#post_6490081"]
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.[/quote]post #55678 of 1224167/24/13 at 6:47pm
Black or natural edge dressing? If the boot is as pictured, but #8, Plaza last, AND black edge dressing, I'm in.
Does someone have an Alden seller in mind for the MTO? DC was amendable to the Thor boot, so maybe them?post #55679 of 1224167/24/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
Phew...glad I didn't get banned for using "boring" in an Alden thread. It is a great shoe. With cooler weather and the talk of year round chukka use, I may have to break it out tomorrow. I will NOT call its color 8 boring.post #55680 of 1224167/24/13 at 8:12pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 7 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › NWT Brunello Cucinelli Belt Cigar Brown Patina Braided Leather.... 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...