Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3694post #55396 of 1224167/20/13 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55397 of 1224167/20/13 at 2:53pmpost #55398 of 1224167/20/13 at 3:08pmpost #55399 of 1224167/20/13 at 3:33pmQuote:
I think those are color 8s. Don't mean to be heretical, but that light brown shoe next to King PTB that looks like a wholecut, is a very nice looking shoe. Alden should make that in a color 8. Or navy cordovan!post #55400 of 1224167/20/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Just read the GQ list - unfortunately, after I wrote this note. Those light brown shoes are over $2,000! They do look great, but, of course, they damn well should!post #55401 of 1224167/20/13 at 4:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by blue collar
Alden Shell PTB (9901) in GQ this month. Part of their "Six shoes that will last a lifetime" spread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd still take the "ugly duckling" over any of the other options in the list.
I'd happily take shoes 1, 3, and 5, counting from the left.post #55402 of 1224167/20/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Here is my recent eBay purchase. The Shoemart color 8 indy. I was shocked and incredibly happy to see these listed in eBay because I really do not like the aesthetics of the hand stitching on the shell indys. I thought I would never get a chance to get a machine sewn shell indy boot since Alden stopped the machine stitching a number of years back. I love the all eyelets, 360 degree welt and commando sole. The only thing that kept be from buying them before was the hand sewn toe.
These boots have aged nicely and been well cared for. I like how the color 8 has aged a bit and softened the eggplant color. As has been mentioned time and time again, color 8 is King. Also, if the seller is a forum member or a visitor of the thread, I gotta say thank you!
Very nice........and encouraging. I picked up a pair of Color 8 Chucka's from Alden of Carmel and have been itching to wear them but wasn't sure how the commando sole would play in the summer. After seeing yours on your feet, I may throw caution to the wind.post #55403 of 1224167/20/13 at 5:34pmpost #55404 of 1224167/20/13 at 5:36pmpost #55405 of 1224167/20/13 at 6:17pmpost #55406 of 1224167/20/13 at 6:40pmpost #55407 of 1224167/20/13 at 6:52pmpost #55408 of 1224167/20/13 at 7:16pmpost #55409 of 1224167/20/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
I like that picture. great colors, great boots.
nice look rtp, that's a confident combo right there, I like the brooks brothers patchwork pants.
AWESOME boots uncle. not fair.
confident combo there mp. very nice work.
nice looking saddles. bold combinations.
off the market for sure. I wish I had a pair.
great looking sw uncle. perfect as usual.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion 3 minutes ago
- › NEED NY NY proxy!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...