Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3691post #55351 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:47pmpost #55352 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
I assume you're asking about the LHS loafer.
They're going to be the same price at any retailer in the USA and they rarely get marked down.
The difficult part for you is going to be finding one that ships Aldens internationally.
The usual suspects like Shoe Mart won't ship Aldens overseas.post #55353 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by dranguschu
I want to buy a pair of #8 color cordovan Tanker but I am not sure which size fit me, is us10d an appropriate size for me ?
I am now wearing
Tricker's stow 4497s lasts, fitting 5 or 6, us 9.5
Tricker's bourton 4444 lasts fitting 5, us 9 or 9.5
Thank your for any advices
4444 9.5UK boot, 9UK shoe
If you can wear a fitting 6 4497, you might need an E width in Alden.post #55354 of 1224167/19/13 at 5:31pmSuccess...........FINALLY! For the first time, I am really happy with the shine on what were previously abused LHS color 8 shell's. Before I share my method, I want to say thanks to all of the members of this site who graciously gave advice.
First, there is really no sage wisdom I can impart. The overwhelming majority of my time involved good ole elbow power. While technique definitely helps, this is mostly an exercise of effort and perseverance. After seeing some of the amazing shines on this site, I was determined to make the effort.
My last 3 shines I have started off by scrubbing slightly with a damp/wet towel (aka Mac method). I have also declined to use any polish or wax as I attempted to completely remove all residue and leftover polish. This was the first time that when I finished wiping with the damp towel that the towel was completely white. This gave me comfort that I had finally got all the old gunk out. The last time I cleaned them I used a bit of Saphir renovater and this undoubtably helped in this regard.
After wiping, I brushed with a horsehair brush for about 5 minutes per shoe (until it felt like my arm was going to fall off). I then boned each shoe (still can't say that with a straight face) with a dear bone. Rather than boning one and letting it sit while boning the other, I boned a shoe and immediately brushed with my horsehair brush. I wanted to spread the oils that the bone raises immediately after boning. Moved to the other shoe and used the same procedure.
Used a little Saphir renovater, brushed, and buffed. Then, for the first time in 3 cleanings, I applied a tiny amount of Saphir cordovan wax. Brushed some more and buffed. Then brushed some more. I'm finally happy with the results. Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures, but here is the after.
Again, thanks to all for some very good advice.post #55355 of 1224167/19/13 at 5:33pmpost #55356 of 1224167/19/13 at 5:36pmpost #55357 of 1224167/19/13 at 5:49pmpost #55358 of 1224167/19/13 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwoodQuote:
I think that #8 works with jeans and chinos. Shot from the archives here with that combination.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Of course, also note Uncle Macs fine shots above of #8 with khakis. Plenty of other photos of the combination around too.
Certainly hold out for Ravello if that's what you really want. #8 gunboats should generally be pretty easy to come by if do ever decide to go in that direction.
I certainly agree... summer casual
An evening out with jeans...
At work of light grey wool...
Trust me my friend, you can not go wrong with color 8!! (esp since you can't find any ravello or hardly any cigar) Happy hunting...post #55359 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:31pmpost #55360 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:32pmpost #55361 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:36pmpost #55362 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by NYDRH
This is my first post here but I am a consistent reader. I would have to say that Color 8 is perhaps the most versatile color I am aware of/own when it comes to leather, particularly shoes. I have yet to see it not pair well with anything I own from jeans to finer wool fabrics. Certain styles may or may not however move up and down the wardrobe chain as easily. I happen to think #8 LWBs and dark jeans looks f'n sharp, and I wear color 8 BB captoes with suits all the time. Take it for what its worth, just one mans' opinion but might be worth a revisit, and obviously much easier to put on your feet today.
welcome to the forumpost #55363 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:42pmpost #55364 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
Wore my new snuff suede flex-welts today. They will take some getting used to. I'm so used to wearing 1lb 10oz boots with lining and double leather soles that these feel like I have nothing on. Almost "squishy" and insecure.
I think they will be super comfortable for lounging about but not for any heavy walking.
wear your suede in good healthpost #55365 of 1224167/19/13 at 6:53pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1540 Active Users (332 Members and 1208 Guests)
- › Non-Shiny Dress Shoe Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 4 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 39 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 50 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...