Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3690
Styleforum Top Picks
Your sentiments are shared by many.
It is (I think) a little known fact that Dainite is an option for AE MTO's. Indeed, when I first requested it, I was told it was not an option and that AE doesn't use it. I then gently pointed out - by emailing a link - that indeed AE does:
I understand the above is the only model AE makes with Dainite.
I have since been told by the AE folks that mine was the first - and, at least for now, only - MTO model with Dainite.
I will follow up with you via PM.
beepos-Good luck on finding Ravello longwings! It's doable but a lot of digging is needed. Have you called every Alden store you can find? Nobody lists rare colors when they only have a few sizes, so calling is a must. It's how I scored most of my rare colors over the last 3 months.
Good advice. I didn't know this. I would love to find whiskey, or even ravello, in shell. Have searched the web with no luck. I will try your approach.
Of course, Aldens - even the dark cordovans -- can be worn all year long. I wore black cordovan PTBs yesterday in 93 degree/100% humidity heat and, the day before, cordovan captoe bluchers with a suit. Conservative business days demand a certain kind of dress.
But I felt hot and wilted just looking in the mirror. Dressing with burgundy or black on your feet with dark colored pants does not do justice to summer.
That is why Alden makes whiskey cordovan, burnished tan, and blue and tan suede shoes.
Today I am wearing off-white suede Indy boots with tan pants and white shirt. Aldens, but Summer Aldens.
Let's see those when the weather is sizzling hot.
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this is, but is there any way to get a pair of Alden Longwing Bluchers that is not in Cordovan No 8 or Black? (I'm looking for the shell cordovans, not the CXL or waxed leather types)
I'm not a big fan of either of those colors, and it seems impossible to get shell in the cigar, the ravello or the whiskey. I've called and checked with Alden in NYC, SF, and Epaulet and Leffot, but no one seems to have it.
If these are rare colors, how often approximately are they made? Is it like a yearly thing, or kinda random?
Citishoes in NYC has some exotic cordovans in PTB, longwings, captoe balmorals and NSTs.
I'm intrigued by the Grant lasted wingtip bals. I wonder if this differs all that much from the look of the Hampton.
Everything else appears to be on the Barrie.
Wore my new snuff suede flex-welts today. They will take some getting used to. I'm so used to wearing 1lb 10oz boots with lining and double leather soles that these feel like I have nothing on. Almost "squishy" and insecure. I think they will be super comfortable for lounging about but not for any heavy walking.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › What wallet do you use? 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 20 minutes ago
- › The Only Still Living Men's Fashion Icon? 34 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 34 minutes ago
- › BNIB Santoni Penny Loafers F.A.M Size 9UK (Fit 9.5UK) 42 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories