Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3690post #55336 of 1224167/19/13 at 1:48pmpost #55337 of 1224167/19/13 at 1:49pmNYDRH: This is my first post here but I am a consistent reader. I would have to say that Color 8 is perhaps the most versatile color I am aware of/own when it comes to leather, particularly shoes. I have yet to see it not pair well with anything I own from jeans to finer wool fabrics. Certain styles may or may not however move up and down the wardrobe chain as easily. I happen to think #8 LWBs and dark jeans looks f'n sharp, and I wear color 8 BB captoes with suits all the time. Take it for what its worth, just one mans' opinion but might be worth a revisit, and obviously much easier to put on your feet today.
Your sentiments are shared by many.post #55338 of 1224167/19/13 at 1:58pmrydenfan: SFTG, send me some pics of those walnut PTB's!!! That's what I tried to order. I didn't know Dainite soles were an option.
It is (I think) a little known fact that Dainite is an option for AE MTO's. Indeed, when I first requested it, I was told it was not an option and that AE doesn't use it. I then gently pointed out - by emailing a link - that indeed AE does:
I understand the above is the only model AE makes with Dainite.
I have since been told by the AE folks that mine was the first - and, at least for now, only - MTO model with Dainite.
I will follow up with you via PM.post #55339 of 1224167/19/13 at 2:39pmpost #55340 of 1224167/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #55341 of 1224167/19/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by totalair1
beepos-Good luck on finding Ravello longwings! It's doable but a lot of digging is needed. Have you called every Alden store you can find? Nobody lists rare colors when they only have a few sizes, so calling is a must. It's how I scored most of my rare colors over the last 3 months.
Good advice. I didn't know this. I would love to find whiskey, or even ravello, in shell. Have searched the web with no luck. I will try your approach.post #55342 of 1224167/19/13 at 2:56pmpost #55343 of 1224167/19/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Of course, Aldens - even the dark cordovans -- can be worn all year long. I wore black cordovan PTBs yesterday in 93 degree/100% humidity heat and, the day before, cordovan captoe bluchers with a suit. Conservative business days demand a certain kind of dress.
But I felt hot and wilted just looking in the mirror. Dressing with burgundy or black on your feet with dark colored pants does not do justice to summer.
That is why Alden makes whiskey cordovan, burnished tan, and blue and tan suede shoes.
Today I am wearing off-white suede Indy boots with tan pants and white shirt. Aldens, but Summer Aldens.
Let's see those when the weather is sizzling hot.post #55344 of 1224167/19/13 at 3:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by beepos
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this is, but is there any way to get a pair of Alden Longwing Bluchers that is not in Cordovan No 8 or Black? (I'm looking for the shell cordovans, not the CXL or waxed leather types)
I'm not a big fan of either of those colors, and it seems impossible to get shell in the cigar, the ravello or the whiskey. I've called and checked with Alden in NYC, SF, and Epaulet and Leffot, but no one seems to have it.
If these are rare colors, how often approximately are they made? Is it like a yearly thing, or kinda random?
Citishoes in NYC has some exotic cordovans in PTB, longwings, captoe balmorals and NSTs.post #55345 of 1224167/19/13 at 3:59pmpost #55346 of 1224167/19/13 at 3:59pmpost #55347 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:02pm
Wore my new snuff suede flex-welts today. They will take some getting used to. I'm so used to wearing 1lb 10oz boots with lining and double leather soles that these feel like I have nothing on. Almost "squishy" and insecure. I think they will be super comfortable for lounging about but not for any heavy walking.post #55348 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:34pmpost #55349 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:38pmI want to buy a pair of #8 color cordovan Tanker but I am not sure which size fit me, is us10d an appropriate size for me ?
I am now wearing
Tricker's stow 4497s lasts, fitting 5 or 6, us 9.5
Tricker's bourton 4444 lasts fitting 5, us 9 or 9.5
Thank your for any advicespost #55350 of 1224167/19/13 at 4:45pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › SUITS FROM OLIVER SPENCER, OUR LEGACY SZ 36 38 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett Jones Merton UK9 Penny Loafer Beechnut Brown Calf Great... 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts