Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3670post #55036 of 1224167/13/13 at 3:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55037 of 1224167/13/13 at 3:31pmpost #55038 of 1224167/13/13 at 3:42pmpost #55039 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:03pm
Double cuff works well with beefy casual boots.Quote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
PatrickBooth swears by Lexol - says it's the only thing that really nourishes the leather deep down. He's of the opinion that Reno really only cleans and brightens the surface. Not sure I totally buy that yet, but photos like this lead me to believe PB.
After seeing that, I'll probably be purchasing a little thing of Lexol just to have on hand.
This is a great looking idea. Ingenious.
We should do a Lexol group buy.post #55040 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:07pm
Well I knew it was going to happen eventually. First pair, the Alden x Leffot Tan Suede Indy.
Next pair is probably going to be the classic indy 405 ( was debating between this and 403/J Crew 405, but decided that I wanted something other than CXL as I already have CXL boots from AE and Wolverine) and the Alden x J.Crew No.8 Captoe.post #55041 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:30pm
I have three pairs of Aldens as of now, but I think I might save up for a pair of longwing shell bluchers.
Can one order shoes in different front and heel widths? One of my shoes are 11EE/D and they are a tiny bit wide in the heel area, but my unlined suede bluchers are 11 E/C and they feel pretty good, but I think 10.5 EEE/C would be a better fit as there I can see the sides of my feet push against the sides of the shoe, I guess it will be more visible since they are unlined.post #55042 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:37pmpost #55043 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:45pmpost #55044 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:58pmpost #55045 of 1224167/13/13 at 4:58pmpost #55046 of 1224167/13/13 at 5:03pmpost #55047 of 1224167/13/13 at 5:04pmpost #55048 of 1224167/13/13 at 5:06pmpost #55049 of 1224167/13/13 at 5:16pmpost #55050 of 1224167/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
Nicccce! Did you go true to size on yours? I picked up a pair recently, too, but I can't decide if they're slightly too big.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 30 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 41 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 41 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 44 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?