Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3614post #54196 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:11pmpost #54197 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
This is why all the obsession with not washing/soaking/wetting your jeans when you purchase them is ridiculous. This can be hugely mitigated by giving new denim a soak to shake that excess indigo free.post #54198 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:21pmQuote:
Or just have them hemmed ridiculously high like this, and never have to worry about your Aldens:post #54199 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:28pmI paid almost as much for them as I did for my aldens. I told the guy helping me I was buying them to go with aldens he gave me a thumbs up. The service was amazing hemmed them in 15 minutes while I waited can't recommend blueingreen enough.post #54200 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
Did you hem them so you can cuff them or no cuff? Just curious what looks best with Aldens.post #54201 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:36pmpost #54202 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:39pmpost #54203 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:42pmpost #54204 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:45pmQuote:
yeah, that's the look. It makes it clear to me how old I am: I spent my youth trying to look cool. Now, young people try to look cool by looking like Poindexter. But it is one thing for a young guy to adopt the skinny-legged, waders and too-short-coat-sleeve look. It looks trying too hard. It is another thing for an older chrome dome to do it: He looks like there is somebody walking around six inches shorter than him who is looking for their pants.post #54205 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:48pmpost #54206 of 1224166/27/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
Thanks gents.post #54207 of 1224166/27/13 at 3:09pm1. I have personally been told by Alden SF and Leathersoul (LSW) that the shell shortage is real, and that the shortage is worldwide, and that the shortage extends to black and color 8 (not just the exotics). Take it for whatever it is worth.
2. The pic above with the guy in short pants is hilarious.
3. I am still dumbfounded when I hear of guys waiting for 2 to 3 years for a certain model.
4. The buckle on the one piece Horween belts is not something I find objectionable. Variety is always nice. The gent who had his buckle replaced has a fine looking belt as well.
5. Color 8 is king and anyone on the fence about the new WT boot at LS should get off the fence.
6. That tan calf/cigar shell saddle showed earlier today by Unipair Guy is quite unique.
7. The finish on Carmina's shell is quite different than Alden's (more opaque) - and I suspect (not surprisingly) - that most on here would prefer Alden's. The shine one can achieve with Alden's shell is in a class by itself. Carmina's shell (and, for that matter, C&J's shell) is consistently drier than Alden's shell. I own various models in each brand and like them all.
To all: have a good evening.post #54208 of 1224166/27/13 at 3:09pmpost #54209 of 1224166/27/13 at 4:04pmpost #54210 of 1224166/27/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by unipair guy
#99522 Leydon E Old tan Calf and Cigar Cordovan Saddle 6.5, 7, 9.5
#8993 Leydon E #8 cordovan and black alpine grain Saddle 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5
#2937 Barrie E Unlined Black cordovan 6, 9
#2938 Barrie E Unlined #8 cordovan 6
#63082 Vtip Black with Burgundy vamp Barrie D size 7
#43510 Leydon E cap toe blucher Old tan calf size 6, 6.5, 8, 8.5
#61901 Truflare E Whiskey cordovan size 6. 6.5, 7
These are our Alden models on sale. Please pm me for prices. All sales will be final.
We still have some of these for sale. All of them are unique. The ptb are unlined. The old tan is a great summer color. If you want something special go for the black and burgundy Vtip.
Edited by unipair guy - 6/27/13 at 7:07pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Minnis Tobacco "DWW" Fresco GMTO 41 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...