or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 361  

post #5401 of 122416
Hey dumbfucks,stop your mumbling or take it to pm. More pictures please. Alden Plaza boots are on pre-order at LS, I am so getting a pair.
post #5402 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Where did that happen in the situation you responded to? Several people responded to the issue. Then you thought you had an opportunity to play your same tired old game. That is what I took offense with. If you have a personal agenda take it somewhere else or at least keep it in context.

I'm over it. I have no personal agenda. Just want Alden to fix their QC issues.

Moving on....
post #5403 of 122416
to help get it back on track here is a picture of my Roy boots I picked up at Context a couple weeks ago. These are the most well constructed Aldens I have laid hand on, absolutely superb and the leather is just gorgeous. Now, these are showing some decent wear already because they have officially become my "beater" boots. They are so comfy I wore them for the first week straight pretty much because I was doing a trade show at work and on my feet for many many hours each day. By far the most comfortable footwear I own.

post #5404 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracen View Post
I'm over it. I have no personal agenda. Just want Alden to fix their QC issues.

Moving on....
Then get some balls and take it to Alden. I have nothing to do with Alden and am just here to see pics of the shoes and hear news. The pics of the defects are helpful. Your whining, like a baby crying on a plane, is not.
post #5405 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
to help get it back on track here is a picture of my Roy boots I picked up at Context a couple weeks ago. These are the most well constructed Aldens I have laid hand on, absolutely superb and the leather is just gorgeous. Now, these are showing some decent wear already because they have officially become my "beater" boots. They are so comfy I wore them for the first week straight pretty much because I was doing a trade show at work and on my feet for many many hours each day. By far the most comfortable footwear I own.


Very nice. I love those boots. How do you like the crepe soles?
post #5406 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Then get some balls and take it to Alden. I have nothing to do with Alden and am just here to see pics of the shoes and hear news. The pics of the defects are helpful. Your whining, like a baby crying on a plane, is not.
The guy tries to put an end to it and you continue to take jabs at him. This isn't your forum ahab, it belongs to everyone. Stop being a legend in your own mind and leave it alone or take it to fucking PM, the only person listening to you at this point is YOU.
post #5407 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Very nice. I love those boots. How do you like the crepe soles?

Thanks. The crepe is amazingly comfortable. I have Indy boots with their unique sole and Tankers with the Comando sole and both are nice, but the crepe adds a level of cushioning and comfort that I don't get out of any other boot. Makes being on your feel all day so much better, can't recommend this sole enough for doing a lot of walking/standing.
post #5408 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Thanks. The crepe is amazingly comfortable. I have Indy boots with their unique sole and Tankers with the Comando sole and both are nice, but the crepe adds a level of cushioning and comfort that I don't get out of any other boot. Makes being on your feel all day so much better, can't recommend this sole enough for doing a lot of walking/standing.

Is it really that much better than your standard Indy?

Reason I ask is that I don't feel an extraordinary amount of comfort when I wear my Clarks DB - the only shoe I own with a crepe sole. They're fine, but no better than any other rubber-soled shoe,boot, etc.

My Alden 403s, however, are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I credit the neoprene cork soles, but also the steel shank, the fit, the ankle support, etc.
post #5409 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Thanks. The crepe is amazingly comfortable. I have Indy boots with their unique sole and Tankers with the Comando sole and both are nice, but the crepe adds a level of cushioning and comfort that I don't get out of any other boot. Makes being on your feel all day so much better, can't recommend this sole enough for doing a lot of walking/standing.


How do you find the wear? I have a pair but they don't get much foot time these days. Even so, it seems like this sole doesn't last nearly as long as the leather version. They are comfortable though, so I guess that's the trade off.
post #5410 of 122416
Cap Toe Monks
LL
post #5411 of 122416
Cigar shell Indys just arrived.
post #5412 of 122416
I do find them significantly more comfortable for extended wear then my Indys. My Indys are great, but after 8 hours on my feet those soles start feeling awfully firm. The crepe just cushions everything to a noticeable degree.

To early to tell on the wear issue, they are only a couple weeks old at this point. Definitely can start seeing some wear on the corners of the heels but nothing drastic. From what I have seen from others these wear very well for a crepe sole and I have no concerns about that from my experience at this point.
post #5413 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
I do find them significantly more comfortable for extended wear then my Indys. My Indys are great, but after 8 hours on my feet those soles start feeling awfully firm. The crepe just cushions everything to a noticeable degree.

To early to tell on the wear issue, they are only a couple weeks old at this point. Definitely can start seeing some wear on the corners of the heels but nothing drastic. From what I have seen from others these wear very well for a crepe sole and I have no concerns about that from my experience at this point.

I've got the Kudu Indy with Vibram sole coming and am hoping it will be similar to your experience with the crepe. Maybe a tad stiffer.
post #5414 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracen View Post
I've got the Kudu Indy with Vibram sole coming and am hoping it will be similar to your experience with the crepe. Maybe a tad stiffer.
Is that Vibram sole done by a cobbler? Not sure I've ever seen one from Alden.
post #5415 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
Cigar shell Indys just arrived.

score! mine are in the mail. Shoe Mart?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.