recommendation-sell the shoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3599
Styleforum Top Picks
limited edition done by LS
I think the original thread starters were mainly looking at Alden for boots to wear with denim. Compared to Allen Edmonds, which is seen as a dress shoe company, more people do seem to wear Alden shoes casually. That said, a lot of people in this thread mainly wear Alden shoes with suits, chinos and wool pants, which would seem to be Men's Clothing.
That makes sense, thanks for responding.
I found some beat up aldens at a thrift shop tpday - does anyone know if the black "piping" (not sure of the correct term - the black material that goes around the top of the heel and runs over the eyelets and down to vamp) can be replaced. It's the same part of the shoe that cracks if you dont' use a shoehorn.
wonder if any of you can offer some sizing advice. What makes it difficult is international shipping & customs which makes returning not possible.
I am considering suede chukkas, and i have the option of Leydon or Barrie.
I have no experience of fitting a Leydon, only Barrie.
unlined shell PTB 8.5D is a *perfect* fit
lined shell LWB 8.5D is *ok*
lined calf All weather w/crepe is *ok* in 8E - the 8E is a better fit lengthwise than the 8.5D mentioned above but is a little looser in the heel, although not enough to initially cause any slippage.
My questions are :
If i went with a 8E Barrie in unlined suede chukka, would the chukka form provide more or less "heel grip" than the 8E calf w/crepe All weather Walker
.........- or would i be better off going for an 8.5D Barrie?
If i were to go for the Leydon, from the above info do you think a 9D or a 9E would be best? I *tend* not to require a wide fitting shoe, but in running shoes it is quite common for me to find many running brands (aspics, brooks) to be too narrow. Nike's (which have a tendency to be a litte wider) fit best, mostlysize 10 or occassioally 9.5 depending on the model.
thanks in advance
hoping it works for you but the odds are against you
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Newc's Compiled List of Styleforum Editorials 9 minutes ago
- › John Smedley Charcoal Shawl Cardigan Large NWOT 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories