or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3591  

post #53851 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

After lurking for sizing advice (thanks), I thought I would register to show my recent Alden irregulars. I had to get the right camera angle to show the small side impression on the 8 Barrie Chukka that came today. I have had the Aberdeen Cap Toe for a bit and really couldn't find anything wrong. Alden can bypass the retailer and just send these "mistakes" directly to me in the future. Both fit nicely, but I expect the Hampton to be the best last for me. I'm not sure if I would go down a half size on other Barrie boot styles though.



Wow. I had the same indent on my Color 8 Chukka firsts from Alden DC. Great deal!
post #53852 of 122416


Was rolling around in some nice Color 8 today. This angle is not the most flattering for these shoes due to the toe wear and the fact that I didn't have time to brush them last night.
post #53853 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Interesting. Do you have a pic?

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #53854 of 122416






Started on the Mac break in method on my Cigar Straight Tips.
post #53855 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post







Started on the Mac break in method on my Cigar Straight Tips.

Looks great! Where were these available from?
post #53856 of 122416






And started the break in period on my Whiskey LWBs.

No one seemed to notice my three shoes in one day stunt. But I did wait until the end of the day... smile.gif
post #53857 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Looks great! Where were these available from?

Thanks! They look even better in person! I posted a lot of pics of them from my Nikon a few weeks ago. Better looking than my iPhone camera.

They are actually Seconds from The Shoe Mart. Got them a few months ago. Just been sitting in my office in a box. Finally starting to break them in. For what is worth, I don't know what their "defect" even is.
post #53858 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post







And started the break in period on my Whiskey LWBs.

No one seemed to notice my three shoes in one day stunt. But I did wait until the end of the day... smile.gif

Those are nice.
post #53859 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


AppleMark


AppleMark

Nice. And quite rare.
post #53860 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post







Started on the Mac break in method on my Cigar Straight Tips.

I recently scored the same pair and love them.  A very classic shoe and great color too!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #53861 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post







And started the break in period on my Whiskey LWBs.

No one seemed to notice my three shoes in one day stunt. But I did wait until the end of the day... smile.gif

Whiskey LWB's are a must have and on my radar to get.  Very nice!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #53862 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

After lurking for sizing advice (thanks), I thought I would register to show my recent Alden irregulars. I had to get the right camera angle to show the small side impression on the 8 Barrie Chukka that came today. I have had the Aberdeen Cap Toe for a bit and really couldn't find anything wrong. Alden can bypass the retailer and just send these "mistakes" directly to me in the future. Both fit nicely, but I expect the Hampton to be the best last for me. I'm not sure if I would go down a half size on other Barrie boot styles though.

 

Excellent additions to the collection at a great price!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #53863 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post



Casual Friday ravello lhs.[/quote

These were an ebay find over the winter, and I was absolutely thrilled with the value that I snagged these for. Tonight I gave these a full cleaning, giving them a "mac" brushing and cleaned up the edge dressing. While cleaning- I went to work on a dark sharpied in spot on the sole, and I found the following: $10.50. Brutal

Edited by esoxm - 6/21/13 at 10:32pm
post #53864 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

With all that whiskey you might want to consider a treatment program. Very lovely collection indeed, particularly the Indy's. Which last are they?

Motion for summary judgment granted; judgment for the counselor with the whiskey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post

Ok, which feet belong to the multimillionaire?




This is from Seinfeld's online show on Crackle.com.

On the left, David Letterman. On the right Jerry Seinfeld. So the answer is "Both".

Any chance the boots are from Alden? If not, any ideas on the manufacturer?

Looks like it could also be Ron Ryder's boots.
post #53865 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Thanks! They look even better in person! I posted a lot of pics of them from my Nikon a few weeks ago. Better looking than my iPhone camera.

They are actually Seconds from The Shoe Mart. Got them a few months ago. Just been sitting in my office in a box. Finally starting to break them in. For what is worth, I don't know what their "defect" even is.

Congrats. Sounds like a great deal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.