Yep, Goodyear welted so should be easy to have a different sole put on or the same one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3574
Styleforum Top Picks
I called about three items on TSM's irregular list: Barrie lasted color 8 LWBs in a 10D; Barrie lasted color 8 short-wing boots on commando soles in 10E; and Tremont lasted color 8 SWBs in a 10.5D. They only had the last listed pair by the time I called, and I bought them. I was really hoping for a pair of black shell monks in my size, though.
Hmmm. I didn't check out the last chart prior to ordering and now I'm hoping I didn't go a half-size too big with the Tremont. I was assuming they were TTS; guess I'll find out in a couple of days.
Agreed. They claim 10 working days from the date they are received but I have found it to be consistently longer. They also don't even update you that they have received them until they process the refund
Robert Talbott buckles will match nice with the Horween belts.
Typical for those horse strap buckles to come with a custom Bridle Leather belt. Strap buckles are a
Very English country look and not American business at all. Really your only buying the shell strap and the 450$ is a choice deal for single piece construction on a strap that will fit tons of great buckles. obviously I'm jelly
This place as something close:
I think a mini lug sole like above or (flat sole)looks better than a full commando sole on Chukkas. Just my opinion.
That's a stock model... guessing any old Alden dealer can order it. Model 1272S.
I'm one of those guys that just spent $425 on one of the Horween single piece cordovan belts. I know it's ridiculous but I got the dark cognac and it goes with cigar and ravello really well. The idea is that it will last me a long long time.
So like others on this thread, I don't like the buckle. Anyone know a good source for brushed nickel or silver buckles that are worthy a $400 piece of horse ass?
he's also on ebay seller: clemdesign
Edited by englade321 - 6/18/13 at 5:58pm
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Alden black regina captoe 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 3 minutes ago
- › Outerboro Range Reversible Vest Sz. S (46) 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...