Quick question on sizing [because I can't seem to find a place that stocks E widths to actually try on]; how does a 9.5E in Barrie compare to a 10D?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3551
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53252 of 1224166/13/13 at 7:16ampost #53253 of 1224166/13/13 at 7:30ampost #53254 of 1224166/13/13 at 7:41amQuote:
I use to wear Barrie 10D and now have moved exclusively to 9.5E. As you would expect, the shoe fits a bit shorter and wider. For me it is more comfortable and ends up looking better. If you measure 10E on a Brannock, 9.5E in Barrie is a good choice. The size is readily available at many Alden retailers (Madison Ave, DC, SF, Shoe Mart, Leffot, Citi Shoes, etc).post #53255 of 1224166/13/13 at 7:58ampost #53256 of 1224166/13/13 at 7:59ampost #53257 of 1224166/13/13 at 8:33ampost #53258 of 1224166/13/13 at 8:37ampost #53259 of 1224166/13/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I use to wear Barrie 10D and now have moved exclusively to 9.5E. As you would expect, the shoe fits a bit shorter and wider. For me it is more comfortable and ends up looking better. If you measure 10E on a Brannock, 9.5E in Barrie is a good choice. The size is readily available at many Alden retailers (Madison Ave, DC, SF, Shoe Mart, Leffot, Citi Shoes, etc).
Different number size but my experience on fitting has been exactly the same. The E width is just a better fit and creates a better feel. I am an 8E in the Barrie and the 8.5D is too narrow. I need to go up to a 9D and that is just a poor overall fit--way too long.post #53260 of 1224166/13/13 at 9:03ampost #53261 of 1224166/13/13 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by mcarthur
ravello nst boot
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
uncle, great looking boots.Quote:Originally Posted by TactileOne
A ravello sort of day Uncle. Need to learn to use the camera in my Iphone better.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice looking ravello sir.Quote:Originally Posted by Don L
Adding to the Ravello day - NST on AberdeenWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice looking combo donl.Quote:Originally Posted by sashae
Bootmaker Alpine/Color #8 saddle shoes on a rainy NYC Thursday:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
had not seen pictures of these in action before. great looking saddles, thanks for posting.post #53262 of 1224166/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
I picked up a pair. They fit me pretty huge for Barrie last. I don't know if it's because Chromexcel is so stretchy, or the oiled sole makes them feel less stiff, but I was surprised since everything else Barrie in that size fits me a touch tight out of the box. The outsole is also pretty big adding further to the length of the shoe. They are otherwise simple, nice shoes, well suited to summer wearing.post #53263 of 1224166/13/13 at 9:26ampost #53264 of 1224166/13/13 at 9:29am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 2 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?