Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3549post #53221 of 1224166/12/13 at 8:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53222 of 1224166/12/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
I'd go for the Kudu Indy, which does have a lug (Vibram) sole.
Not shell, but really nice and virtually in-destructable uppers. I have them and will wear them for hiking and really in-climate weather:post #53223 of 1224166/12/13 at 8:38pmpost #53224 of 1224166/12/13 at 8:52pmQuote:Almost certain they are handsewn .There is story about this floating around in the cloud . Seems the pres or owner or somesuch of Alden saw a pair of machine sewn in a store window and hated them so much he vowed to hand sew all shell indys in the future
Meybe just my foot but my cigar indys are ealily the most comfortable shoes I own .Right outta the boxpost #53225 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:03pmpost #53226 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:12pmpost #53227 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:13pmpost #53228 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by englade321
Almost certain they are handsewn .There is story about this floating around in the cloud . Seems the pres or owner or somesuch of Alden saw a pair of machine sewn in a store window and hated them so much he vowed to hand sew all shell indys in the future
Meybe just my foot but my cigar indys are ealily the most comfortable shoes I own .Right outta the box
Thanks, found it:
"I asked Bob Clark, Vice President of Alden, about this while I was in the factory last month. I inquired whether or not this detail was dealer specified, functionally necessary, or just an aesthetic choice. He told me he saw a pair of cordovan Indies with machine stitching at a store and decided that it cheapened the shoe and no longer would Alden make an Indy in cordovan with the machine stitch."post #53229 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:34pmQuote:
thanks for the kind words.Quote:
the johnny seems to be great value.Quote:
thanks uncle mac.Quote:
thanks for the kind words.
in my case it came down to color preference. the ideal wallet for me would have been a ruby shell johnny the fox. I'm sure one will be released in a couple of months, that kind of thing happens to me every time I buy an iphone.post #53230 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Frans Boone has done the Indy in Ravello on the Plaza last. I would love to get them to do another run... Wonder if we could get enough interested parties here to make it happen... I think there is a MTO thread I cold pose the question on.post #53231 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by mediahound
I'd go for the Kudu Indy, which does have a lug (Vibram) sole.
Not shell, but really nice and virtually in-destructable uppers. I have them and will wear them for hiking and really in-climate weather:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kudu indys are my poor weather go-to boots. They really repel water like nothing else and are indestructible.post #53232 of 1224166/12/13 at 9:48pmQuote:
I'm looking forward to being able to just hose them off after I get back from hiking on muddy trails. I would not feel comfortable doing that with shell, although one could do that with shell and just not care about what the water and vigorous cleaning does to the shell I guess.
Kudu is basically care free.post #53233 of 1224166/12/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
its a nice boot, leather is very durable, can take a beating. i use my pair for hiking. actually hiked half dome in yosemite with them on my feet. comfortable and ruggedpost #53234 of 1224166/12/13 at 10:43pmpost #53235 of 1224166/12/13 at 10:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
im not a big calf fan but even I would consider the burnished calkskin indy on the plaza last
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...