or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3546  

post #53176 of 122416

I love when people post that flannel picture as though a scruffy appearance, plaid, and blue jeans hasn't been an element of almost every single youth culture since the sixties.

post #53177 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I own the J Crew Indy (which I think look way better than the 405), Chukkas and #8 with antique welt. So it seems like I am in real trouble...

you are correct sir, you should immediately pm any members in your size and sell said boots.
post #53178 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetarium View Post

I love when people post that flannel picture as though a scruffy appearance, plaid, and blue jeans hasn't been an element of almost every single youth culture since the sixties.

'Hipster' looks have definitely changed over the years. I do not recall a time in the past where it was ever a 'lumberjack' look like it is today. 

 

It was things like greased back hair and black leather jackets, then later, bell bottoms and long hair. 

 

The lumberjack look seems fairly recent. 

post #53179 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

you are correct sir, you should immediately pm any members in your size and sell said boots.

Deal. As long as you simultaneously sell me those Cigar Indy's
post #53180 of 122416

Ok, so let me get this straight, Hipsters are lumberjacks.

post #53181 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post

Ok, so let me get this straight, Hipsters are lumberjacks.

 

and Ryan Gosling:

 

 

 

ryan-gosling-lumberjack-01.jpg

post #53182 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

'Hipster' looks have definitely changed over the years. I do not recall a time in the past where it was ever a 'lumberjack' look like it is today. 

It was things like greased back hair and black leather jackets, then later, bell bottoms and long hair. 

The lumberjack look seems fairly recent. 
This
post #53183 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

How-To-Be-A-Hipster-2.jpg

 

Those jeans aren't nearly tight enough to portray real hipsters.

post #53184 of 122416
nt..
post #53185 of 122416

I see the Meta - nerd trending a bit on tv and such. And I really feel for those girls with the chest tats which only serve to enrage parents and ruin a good set of t*ts.

 

After getting the 60,000$ fine art degree, two grand + on ink is a cost to benefit decision that may not attract the best mate.

post #53186 of 122416

The Gos has some wonderful films and funny rom-coms, just don;t go into viewing them without a few drinks.

post #53187 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate View Post

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a hipster (early 30s, hold a bachelor of fine arts, ride a track bike, drink PBR and bourbon, wear tight pants, romanticize living below my means, etc.) but I own color 8 Wingtip Boots with DARK edge trim/welting.

Figure that one out.

 

+1

post #53188 of 122416
Here is an interesting fact the terms hippie and beatnik were both coined by Herb Caen a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle . When I was going to college in the early 70s I hung with a group of vietnam vet hippies living off the GI bill .We would gather every morning at the student union and reading Herb Caen was a required ritual . He was quite a character
post #53189 of 122416

So a google of Alden and Hipster turned up this

 

http://aheadlongdive.com/2010/11/01/alden-restoration-the-after/

 

Interesting to me I have never seen Alden restoration oil lock leather. 

 

I would not doubt this blogger has been to this thread.

 

 

Ps my favorite hipster are Mumford hipsters and the Steampunk victorian era kind, not the steampunk future in space types.

 

Also the 1940's pin-up models female hipster. Out here in the rural Boroughs it's a rare sight 

post #53190 of 122416

Kerouac is the best known beatnik - I think he is not very hipster to todays standard, but hipsters love his message.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.