or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3536  

post #53026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Wasn't going to weigh in initially, because I try not to feel like I have to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST, but...

 

 

...it doesn't sound like you have a lot of conviction for this makeup.  If you're not sure if you should buy it or not, then save your $720 for something that you want without a doubt.

 

 

Also, who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think.  You don't need us to validate your style.  Wear whatever appeals to you.

 

For all you know, we could all be a bunch of losers that stay home on Saturday night brushing our dress shoes and posting pictures of them on the internet for other shoe geeks to compliment.

cheers.gif

post #53027 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Leffot captoe boots are up

http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-captoe-naval-boot-color8/

I like them, but will hold out for a wingtip boot. Seems like forever since someone had a restock.
post #53028 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor Xll View Post

I like them, but will hold out for a wingtip boot. Seems like forever since someone had a restock.

Alden SF has a color 8 WT boot on the Barrie in numerous sizes.
post #53029 of 122416

 

 

 

 

 

We still have a few whiskey left.  Let me know if you have any questions.

post #53030 of 122416
What sizes whiskey left any 9s
post #53031 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I like the technique that dustruffle describes, where one end of the lace just goes from the bottom eyelet straight to the top eyelet, and the other end does all the crossing over.  Not sure that you can tie the shoe as tight as you can with other methods, but it's the price that one has to pay for being a stickler about no diagonal laces.
I like bar lacing on my balmoral shoes, it looks dressier to me. On my bluchers I prefer traditional lacing because I use coloured laces a lot and it shows more colour, plus I think traditional is more comfortable.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 6/11/13 at 1:40am
post #53032 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor Xll View Post

I like them, but will hold out for a wingtip boot. Seems like forever since someone had a restock.

Alden of Carmel just restocked #8 Wingtip Boots. They have stock with commando soles and also some with crepe soles.
post #53033 of 122416
Back in Black. Plaza last.

I don't care if its almost summer in NYC. I'm still wearing boots. Uncle Mac said I could, so stop staring me at me, dude in the cubicle next-door with your kenneth cole slip-on atrocities.

post #53034 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Back in Black. Plaza last.



Sazon, those are some of the classiest boots that I've seen you post. I like the medallion pattern on that perf toe. Very nice! You just keep rocking those shells all over the city.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 6/11/13 at 7:09am
post #53035 of 122416
BeSpiff: Thank you kindly sir. Appreciate that.
post #53036 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Sazon, those are some if the classiest boots that I've seen you post. I like the medallion pattern on that perf toe. Very nice! You just keep rocking those shells all over the city.
Toes are some sic boots... Very well done! I love those?.
post #53037 of 122416
Cigar Indys on a muggy June Tuesday.

9016655952_fefcd08269_b.jpg
post #53038 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Wasn't going to weigh in initially, because I try not to feel like I have to respond to EVERY SINGLE POST, but...


...it doesn't sound like you have a lot of conviction for this makeup.  If you're not sure if you should buy it or not, then save your $720 for something that you want without a doubt.


Also, who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think.  You don't need us to validate your style.  Wear whatever appeals to you.

For all you know, we could all be a bunch of losers that stay home on Saturday night brushing our dress shoes and posting pictures of them on the internet for other shoe geeks to compliment.

nephew,
you are good! keep it coming!
post #53039 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashae View Post

Cigar Indys on a muggy June Tuesday.

9016655952_fefcd08269_b.jpg
Sir, you are definitely styling.
post #53040 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Back in Black. Plaza last.

I don't care if its almost summer in NYC. I'm still wearing boots. Uncle Mac said I could, so stop staring me at me, dude in the cubicle next-door with your kenneth cole slip-on atrocities.


nephew,
I like your medallion cap toe boot, it is unique
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.