or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3514  

post #52696 of 122416

Leffot just put up some more of their Kudu Longwings:

 

 

?350,240,0,100,100,1149833899

 

http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-kudu-longwing-blucher/

 

I gotta say after getting the Kudu Indy boots, I really like Kudu. It's very comfortable, and you can wear it in a total deluge without any worries. Practically maintenance free too.  

post #52697 of 122416
When I asked where the Leffot boot was from, I asked this question because I saw no boot on their site. Is the boot on their site?

I apologize for being vague. On another note, I will get back to all who contacted me regarding the Carmina Thor.
post #52698 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

When I asked where the Leffot boot was from, I asked this question because I saw no boot on their site. Is the boot on their site?

I apologize for being vague. On another note, I will get back to all who contacted me regarding the Carmina Thor.

not on their site. call and ask for Che

post #52699 of 122416
Don't mind me, just wearing my Snuff suede Beckham Chukka's today biggrin.gif
Great boots and held up well last year when I wore them all over Ecuador.
They could use a cleaning though, two years and not even a brushing.

post #52700 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

Don't mind me, just wearing my Snuff suede Beckham Chukka's today biggrin.gif
Great boots and held up well last year when I wore them all over Ecuador.
They could use a cleaning though, two years and not even a brushing.


Great illustration of how long lasting suede can be.
post #52701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

good day today, package from leffot arrived..

 


now to decide if the jcrews will stick around.. I think these antiques may become my favorite pair that I own icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Two very nice pairs of boots sir. The Leffot boot is cool looking, but IMHO I believe the J Crew is a style of shoe that looked great 100 years ago and will still look great in another 100.

My friend, I couldn't have said better myself.

post #52702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Leffot just put up some more of their Kudu Longwings:


?350,240,0,100,100,1149833899

http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-kudu-longwing-blucher/

I gotta say after getting the Kudu Indy boots, I really like Kudu. It's very comfortable, and you can wear it in a total deluge without any worries. Practically maintenance free too.  

I wish Leffot would have more non-Barrie Alden offerings. But obviously they sell .....
post #52703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
#8 saddle is one of alden's best model

It is iconic; not unlike the color 8 tassel.
post #52704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

It is often recommended to try on shoes at the end of the day, when feet are their largest. Does anyone find the opposite to be true, that shoes fit more snug at the beginning of the day? I think this is what I have observed.


I have, especially after a hot shower in the morning, my feet are most certainly its largest at that point in the day.  By the end of the day, my shoes have either stretched or my feet have shrunk a bit, bc that's when my shoes feel the loosest.  Many would say otherwise, however.

post #52705 of 122416

I have been impressed with pics of #8 shell shoes/boots that show wonderful patina and have transformed almost into a mellow brown color.  Since I'm inside much of the day (especially when it's 100F outside), it might take a long time for my #8's to develop like that.

 

Question --- what would happen if I put my #8's out in the bright sun during the day?  Would that accelerate the color transformation?  Could it hurt the boots?

post #52706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

I have been impressed with pics of #8 shell shoes/boots that show wonderful patina and have transformed almost into a mellow brown color.  Since I'm inside much of the day (especially when it's 100F outside), it might take a long time for my #8's to develop like that.

 

Question --- what would happen if I put my #8's out in the bright sun during the day?  Would that accelerate the color transformation?  Could it hurt the boots?

 

You may wish to read this post in horween's blog

http://horween.com/products/brownout/#more-113

post #52707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

You may wish to read this post in horween's blog
http://horween.com/products/brownout/#more-113

I was thinking about that exact same post on Horween's blog.
post #52708 of 122416

I just got my first shot of Whiskey and Long Wing Blutchers today.I am pretty excited about them, thanks to those who provided the tip about Citi Shoes having the Whiskey in stock. I was a little nervous about Citi Shoes due to the lack of technology associated with their website. Sorry for making this soo long, but thought that I'd have some fun with this...

 

My package, one cool thing about Citi Shoes is that they include shoe trees for free.

 

 

My first view of the new LWBs.

 

 

From this angle/lighting, they do have a bit of a Whiskey appearance to them.

 

 

It appears that Citi has their name stamped in them.

 

 

Got to love the Horween logo stamped on the bottom of them.

 

 

This particular sampling of Whiskey is actually pretty dark, getting rather close to my Ravello shoes.

 

 

Looking forward to wearing them... May wait until my Ravello LWBs come in from Alden DC... Although a few months might be an awful long time to wait.

post #52709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I just got my first shot of Whiskey and Long Wing Blutchers today.I am pretty excited about them, thanks to those who provided the tip about Citi Shoes having the Whiskey in stock. I was a little nervous about Citi Shoes due to the lack of technology associated with their website. Sorry for making this soo long, but thought that I'd have some fun with this...

Looking forward to wearing them... May wait until my Ravello LWBs come in from Alden DC... Although a few months might be an awful long time to wait.

Why would you wait?
post #52710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I just got my first shot of Whiskey and Long Wing Blutchers today.I am pretty excited about them, thanks to those who provided the tip about Citi Shoes having the Whiskey in stock. I was a little nervous about Citi Shoes due to the lack of technology associated with their website. Sorry for making this soo long, but thought that I'd have some fun with this...

My package, one cool thing about Citi Shoes is that they include shoe trees for free.




My first view of the new LWBs.




From this angle/lighting, they do have a bit of a Whiskey appearance to them.




It appears that Citi has their name stamped in them.




Got to love the Horween logo stamped on the bottom of them.




This particular sampling of Whiskey is actually pretty dark, getting rather close to my Ravello shoes.




Looking forward to wearing them... May wait until my Ravello LWBs come in from Alden DC... Although a few months might be an awful long time to wait.

Whiskey longwings are meant to be worn in the summer. Wear immediately (after the Mac break in method of course)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.