or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3496  

post #52426 of 122416

PSA for those of you lusting after Uncle's socks or just in need of some fancys for summer, Mr. Porter has some great socks on sale at 50%.

post #52427 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

#8 full strap
argyles otc


nephew,
thank you
I do wear the full strap with a suit and tie
post #52428 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

New addition bounce2.gif
 . Hoping for a day w/o rain chances so I can break these out this week.  Apologies for all the pix since I can't figure out how to spoiler using firefox:


] UFYwDBx.jpg c3RuPXA.jpg

wear in good health
post #52429 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Cigar Caps





nephew,
looking good
post #52430 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

enjoying my new six eyelet chukkas, second week in rotation..........



nephew,
enjoy wearing
post #52431 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

Uncle, I dont know how I missed these. This is the most delectable shoe-sock-trouser play I have seen. Wouldn't be surprised if people were looking at your feet all day.icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

nephew,
thank you
post #52432 of 122416
I've heard from a lot of people who want a modified last, but think that the Barrie last would alienate the fewest people.

Please shoot me a PM with the these details. Nobody will be locked into anything. I just want to make sure that we can cover the order.

1)Name (Screen Name)
2)Size in Barrie
3)Preference in last (Barrie or Modified)
4)Preference in color (Ruby, Cognac, 8, Cigar, Saddle)
5)Preference in sole (leather, double leather, Daijite)
6)Cap Toe, Perf Cap Toe, Plain toe
7)Speed Hooks, no hooks
8) Eyelet preference
9) any additional info
10) Willing to pay deposit
11) Email address

Please include any pictures or other helpful info. From what I gather, there are Ruby people, Cognac People and some people who want a cigar like color (although exact cigar is supposed to be an Alden exclusive).

Some people want Barrie, some Trubalance and some want modified. I will not be doing any plaza or grant.

I would like to find enough common ground where I can make 2-3 boots that please everybody. This info will be very helpful.

Thanks you. I will try to streamline this info and get back to you all in a timely fashion.
post #52433 of 122416
PM sent, once you gather all the info, it would be best to set up a separate thread to continue all the discussion there. Thanks for setting this up!
post #52434 of 122416
Mondays are good days for Black:

post #52435 of 122416
Guys what do you think of these snuff suede PTB's ,is Alden suede as durable as their calf models, won't compare them to shell but wondering how durable are them vs. calf models ?

Thanks
post #52436 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

I've heard from a lot of people who want a modified last, but think that the Barrie last would alienate the fewest people.

Please shoot me a PM with the these details. Nobody will be locked into anything. I just want to make sure that we can cover the order.

1)Name (Screen Name)
2)Size in Barrie
3)Preference in last (Barrie or Modified)
4)Preference in color (Ruby, Cognac, 8, Cigar, Saddle)
5)Preference in sole (leather, double leather, Daijite)
6)Cap Toe, Perf Cap Toe, Plain toe
7)Speed Hooks, no hooks
8) Eyelet preference
9) any additional info
10) Willing to pay deposit
11) Email address

Please include any pictures or other helpful info. From what I gather, there are Ruby people, Cognac People and some people who want a cigar like color (although exact cigar is supposed to be an Alden exclusive).

Some people want Barrie, some Trubalance and some want modified. I will not be doing any plaza or grant.

I would like to find enough common ground where I can make 2-3 boots that please everybody. This info will be very helpful.

Thanks you. I will try to streamline this info and get back to you all in a timely fashion.

Count me in.  PM sent.

post #52437 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Guys what do you think of these snuff suede PTB's ,is Alden suede as durable as their calf models, won't compare them to shell but wondering how durable are them vs. calf models ?

Thanks

I think they look great and I own them. While Alden may seem expensive for suede once you see the quality and the fit I believe it more than justifies the price.

post #52438 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Guys what do you think of these snuff suede PTB's ,is Alden suede as durable as their calf models, won't compare them to shell but wondering how durable are them vs. calf models ?

Thanks

With proper care (shoe trees, waterproof spraying, periodic brushing / washing), Alden suede (along with good suede in general) is very durable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I think they look great and I own them. While Alden may seem expensive for suede once you see the quality and the fit I believe it more than justifies the price.

I've seen this comment before but Alden suede seems priced very similar to how their other materials are priced relative to their competition

Edward Green suede unlined loafers are $980 versus Alden's version at $486, for example. EG has similar markups for calf and cordovan.
http://leffot.com/shop/edward-green-sandown-indigo/

These Peale wingtips are only about $100 less than an Alden suede longwing (and you'd get a lot more wear out of the Aldens)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Distressed-Suede-Wingtips/MH00138,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00138_Color=BRWN&contentpos=10&cgid=0522
Edited by Alcibiades - 6/3/13 at 1:35pm
post #52439 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

enjoying my new six eyelet chukkas, second week in rotation..........

 

 

Looking good.


Looking great my friend!

post #52440 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

With proper care (shoe trees, waterproof spraying, periodic brushing / washing), Alden suede (along with good suede in general) is very durable.
I've seen this comment before but Alden suede seems priced very similar to how their other materials are priced relative to their competition

Edward Green suede unlined loafers are $980 versus Alden's version at $486, for example. EG has similar markups for calf and cordovan.
http://leffot.com/shop/edward-green-sandown-indigo/

These Peale wingtips are only about $100 less than an Alden suede longwing (and you'd get a lot more wear out of the Aldens)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Distressed-Suede-Wingtips/MH00138,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00138_Color=BRWN&contentpos=10&cgid=0522

Cool , what waterproof spray you guys recommend.

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.