Gcb3, hand claps to you for this creative idea! I am very likely in on this given how most of the responses have been. Here is some input/preferences from me, but on most I am flexible:
- Color in the vein of cigar, cognac, saddle would be my preference. Ruby would unfortunately count me out. It's just not versatile enough for my needs.
- Preference is a double leather sole but I'd go commando or Dainite.
- All eyelet or with speedhooks, I'm open.
- Flat welt or storm welt, I'm open. Maybe a preference for a flat welt.
- My preference is a close heel (270) vs. a 360 but not a show-stopper
- Preference would be a cap toe with no brogueing but I'm open.
In summary, this sounds very exciting. Thanks to you for starting this.
One thing i missed. I know Barrie lasts are much more popular than the Modified Last but I'd just jump on it if it were on the Modified Last. But I'd go Barrie also.