or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3472  

post #52066 of 122416
I'm in the market for a color 8 PTB, and I like the idea of the cordovan PTB on crepe, but I figure I would get more wear out of the double leather soled version... I have basically ignored my cigar PTB on crepe recently in favor of the leather soled version... Looks like I'll pass on that Leffot PTB
post #52067 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
i would use break in method on the flex welt lhs suede. i did it on my horse bit loafers. wear the suede loafers in good health

Thank you. I will do as you suggest...
post #52068 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I'm in the market for a color 8 PTB, and I like the idea of the cordovan PTB on crepe, but I figure I would get more wear out of the double leather soled version... I have basically ignored my cigar PTB on crepe recently in favor of the leather soled version... Looks like I'll pass on that Leffot PTB

have you considered the unlined version from ALden DC? I know a few on here have picked it up recently and been really pleased with it.

post #52069 of 122416

Whiskey and Linen for this 90+ Degree Day

 

post #52070 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

have you considered the unlined version from ALden DC? I know a few on here have picked it up recently and been really pleased with it.

 

I agreed.

The unlined version #8 PTB is the REAL KING.

It is super comfortable and light weight.

IMHO, every Alden fans should get a pair.

post #52071 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Whiskey and Linen for this 90+ Degree Day

 

Nice combo.

post #52072 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Whiskey and Linen for this 90+ Degree Day


A very kool ensemble indeed!
post #52073 of 122416

A red, white and blue day.

post #52074 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

have you considered the unlined version from ALden DC? I know a few on here have picked it up recently and been really pleased with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

I agreed.The unlined version #8 PTB is the REAL KING.It is super comfortable and light weight.IMHO, every Alden fans should get a pair.
I own the black unlined PTB from Alden DC (wearing them right now) and love them. The color 8 version wasn't available in my size last time I checked.
post #52075 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

A red, white and blue day.

 

Patriotic and stylish.  Supposed to be 96 here tomorrow.  Think my seersucker pants will come out to play.  Love the chaussette rouge

post #52076 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Whiskey and Linen for this 90+ Degree Day



My Whiskey LHS are on their first wear today.
But it's only 48F right now.
post #52077 of 122416
Is Alden DC the only retailer that carries the unlined #8 PTB?
post #52078 of 122416

Zippy where did you get your LHS?

post #52079 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Is Alden DC the only retailer that carries the unlined #8 PTB?

Alden SF, Leather Soul and Tassels HK have stocked them in the past (not sure if they have stock now)
post #52080 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Zippy where did you get your LHS?

The Shoe Mart.
They'd had them in my size for a while.
I almost pulled the trigger on them a couple months ago before giving in last week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.