Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3466post #51976 of 1224165/29/13 at 10:45ampost #51977 of 1224165/29/13 at 10:49ampost #51978 of 1224165/29/13 at 10:53ampost #51979 of 1224165/29/13 at 10:54ampost #51980 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
Is there a general consensus (or do people have strong feelings) as to which suede color is better (more versatile)? I have been leaning towards snuff but recently, the more I see tan the more I like it. If anyone happens to have a photo of the two colors next to each other (in natural light) it would be interesting to see.
For me, it really depends on the shoe. I think the snuff and tan suede chukkas both look great, but I ultimately decided that the tan would be more versatile and work with a wider variety of belts. I should note that I went into the store with every intention to purchase the chukkas in snuff.
In the loafers, I much prefer the snuff or dark brown, thinking the tan suede on the loafers looked a bit odd for some reason. I went with snuff in these.post #51981 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:10ampost #51982 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:13ampost #51983 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:16ampost #51984 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:17ampost #51985 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:18ampost #51986 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:22ampost #51987 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:29ampost #51988 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:30amQuote:
Kind of ridiculous how all of the retailers keep saying that there will be no Ravello for the foreseeable future, and a few months later it starts raining Ravello.
I'm not complaining and I am glad to hear that it is popping up occasionally. I'm sure its not the retailers fault, they are probably just relaying what they are told by Alden, but the pattern is getting kind of old.post #51989 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)snuff is theoretically the most versatile and i was 100% sure i was going to get it.
then i walked into the store and tried it on and it looked odd to me.
then i tried on the tan and it's perfect.
store guy said that snuff was definitely more versatile and you "have to get used to it" but it goes with more colors. he sells way more of the tan and the dark brown though...which are further on the spectrums.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenjl1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)For me, it really depends on the shoe. I think the snuff and tan suede chukkas both look great, but I ultimately decided that the tan would be more versatile and work with a wider variety of belts. I should note that I went into the store with every intention to purchase the chukkas in snuff.
In the loafers, I much prefer the snuff or dark brown, thinking the tan suede on the loafers looked a bit odd for some reason. I went with snuff in these.
Interesting, looks like I'll have to go check out both colors in person.post #51990 of 1224165/29/13 at 11:35am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 30 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...