or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 345  

post #5161 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
Speedhooks can be removed with no fuss. I have done it to a couple pairs of boots in the past and replaced them. It looks smoother and is much less harsh on laces.

What does it cost to have the conversion done?
post #5162 of 122416
You guys might want to check this out before having your speedhooks removed.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=185037
post #5163 of 122416
^That link is a good reference. The replacement eyelets are clearly a bit out of whack and the backside looks like an apple after a bulllet hits it.
post #5164 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
You guys might want to check this out before having your speedhooks removed.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=185037

"How to make your new $600 boots look like shit... and pay extra for it!"

Thanks for the link. I'll stick with my speed hooks.
post #5165 of 122416
Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots have arrived.
post #5166 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots have arrived.


more pics please

can you take a pic from the top (your perspective). I'm curious to see the difference between them and the barrie. I'm seriously considering ordering a pair.

Thanks in advance
post #5167 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots have arrived.


Holy crap those look nice!!!!!
post #5168 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
^That link is a good reference. The replacement eyelets are clearly a bit out of whack and the backside looks like an apple after a bulllet hits it.
post #5169 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracen View Post
more pics please can you take a pic from the top (your perspective). I'm curious to see the difference between them and the barrie. I'm seriously considering ordering a pair. Thanks in advance
I have a cordovan barrie last I can put next to it for you. Give me a couple hours. The photo seems really red to me. In person these are more of a chocolate color. I will put them next to a rust 1000 mile and see what it looks like when photographed. The chocolate isn't as "lush" as the leathersoul site makes it appear, at least to me.
post #5170 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
I have a cordovan barrie last I can put next to it for you. Give me a couple hours.

The photo seems really red to me. In person these are more of a chocolate color. I will put them next to a rust 1000 mile and see what it looks like when photographed. The chocolate isn't as "lush" as the leathersoul site makes it appear, at least to me.

I see quite a few Alden's that look dull but brighten up handily when polished and worn a while.
post #5171 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
I see quite a few Alden's that look dull but brighten up handily when polished and worn a while.

I wasn't complaining. They're beautiful shoes.
post #5172 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post

That's exactly the photo that came to mind
post #5173 of 122416
Too bad LS sold out of that in an 11D, boots look sick.
post #5174 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
I have a cordovan barrie last I can put next to it for you. Give me a couple hours.

The photo seems really red to me. In person these are more of a chocolate color. I will put them next to a rust 1000 mile and see what it looks like when photographed. The chocolate isn't as "lush" as the leathersoul site makes it appear, at least to me.


That would be so awesome. Thanks so much.
post #5175 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
What does it cost to have the conversion done?

Not sure about the cost. I did the work myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.