or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3438  

post #51556 of 122416

disapointed to see those #8/snuff saddles on jcrew are sold out.. didn't even see them up the last time I was on there

 

if anyone has in the wild pics, post them up 

post #51557 of 122416
Speaking of J Crew having multiple Aldens up but no stock: every now and again the pebble grain short wings on the red brick sole pop up; every time I get excited; and every time they have no stock.
post #51558 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olifter View Post


I bought a pair from Amore Clothing last year, around $575, tax included. I think Rob (Robert) was my contact person.

 

Alden stopped supplying Rob because his pricing was made public--certainly, in part, due to this thread.  Oh well...

post #51559 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

 

Alden stopped supplying Rob because his pricing was made public--certainly, in part, due to this thread.  Oh well...

 

So I guess it is true that Alden will drop a retailer for selling below MSRP.

 

(A supposed policy that's existence has at times been heavily debated.)

post #51560 of 122416

Probably to protect their insane mark ups

post #51561 of 122416

Alden probably gives all their retailers the same "dealer discount".  So a vendor that discounts from retail doesn't cut in to Alden's bottom line.  Minimum advertised pricing is a policy that is designed to protect retail partners.

post #51562 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

 

So I guess it is true that Alden will drop a retailer for selling below MSRP.

 

(A supposed policy that's existence has at times been heavily debated.)

 

Apparently--though I suppose it only applies when a retailer always sells below MSRP (e.g., limited promotions must be ok).

post #51563 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

So I guess it is true that Alden will drop a retailer for selling below MSRP.

(A supposed policy that's existence has at times been heavily debated.)

filson is also notorious for doing this.
post #51564 of 122416
ime, most "premium" brands make dealers sign an agreement to not sell below msrp (except on occasion) and the reason there is not just to keep the "premium pricing" but also because you don't want a price war between your dealers. I remember a few years back a bmw dealer here was "discreetly" selling their cars way below sticker price, and for a few months I think they cornered 80% of the market but after the other dealers threatened a revolt against bmw, the germans dropped the price cutting dealer.
post #51565 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

^ Very nice my friend. They look great with the crepe.

Incidentally, the way I came across the snuff was by calling my local Boston Ludlow store mgr when the website listed just one size. He sourced them out of the Manhattan Ludlow shop for me. You never know what they'll find. Again, good luck.
post #51566 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

Apparently--though I suppose it only applies when a retailer always sells below MSRP (e.g., limited promotions must be ok).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Alden probably gives all their retailers the same "dealer discount".  So a vendor that discounts from retail doesn't cut in to Alden's bottom line.  Minimum advertised pricing is a policy that is designed to protect retail partners.

Interesting insight PhiPsi32. As calidist mentions, limited promos like sales are OK? I found (and posted a PSA) a store in Portland, ME this year selling the unlined suede chukka at 40% off. We've all see the end of season sales, clearly that doesn't violate the terms.
post #51567 of 122416
Happy Friday to all. Ravello PTB love today.
post #51568 of 122416

PSA: Tres Bien Shop 20% off all footwear using coupon code "footweardeal". This is on top of the 20% VAT-free price for non-EU residents. Various Alden cordovan models are included.

post #51569 of 122416

If only duty wasn't a thing.
 

post #51570 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiu View Post

PSA: Tres Bien Shop 20% off all footwear using coupon code "footweardeal". This is on top of the 20% VAT-free price for non-EU residents. Various Alden cordovan models are included.

Thanks for the heads up. Wish they had D widths.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.