I almost bought this from them, but the pics they showed me made the shows look almost yellowy. It was a real light color, and not similar at all to the snuff pictured above.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3428post #51406 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:26ampost #51407 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:31amQuote:
Are you sure they didn't show you tan suede longwings instead of snuff suede?
EDIT - Also, I believe Alden NYC has snuff longwings in stock if you want to try them. J Crew also has a version.post #51408 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
Today's BB 30% corporate sale seems to be working on cordovan and even EG's.
You can also get a free one year Shop Runner account via most Amex cards so free 2nd day ship with BB.
Sign up for BB corporate discount here
At the BB site, enter "Corporate Perks" as the company name.
If you already have a BB account, create a new account to use with your corporate discount code or you're going to need to call them.
Also, when you're checking out, you won't see the discount amount until the last page after you've entered payment info but before you hit Submit Order.
You can also get the BB corporate account via BMWCCA.
Amex Shoprunner deal
The Alden natural CXL tassels were tempting but I just bought a couple Gatsby shirts and a shoe brush.
The online order was placed without incident and the discount was applied.
Read the fine print when signing up - your billing address and shipping address (for an order placed with the corp. discount) have to be the same as the address you sign up with. So, whereas usually (when ordering from BB) my billing address is my home address (i.e., my credit card address) and my shipping address is my business address, that will not work - I needed to change my shipping address from my business address to my home address in order to get the discount. i even called mere minutes after the online order was placed and I could not change it - I was told the 2 addresses have to be the same in order to use the corp discount (which I knew) and that no changes were allowed even after the order was placed (which is what I was hoping not to hear).
Seems somewhat arbitrary, but no big deal ....post #51409 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:40ampost #51410 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:56ampost #51411 of 1224165/22/13 at 8:59ampost #51412 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:03amInteresting on LS' page about Mr. Humble's visit they note the Alden shell shortage. This has been the tune for the rarer colors (cigar, ravello, whiskey,etc.) but has this extended to #8? Interestingly I don't hear of the same issues with Carmina or Vass about #8 shell.
I wonder what will ever happen to my whiskey LWB order from Alden Madison. I wish I knew Alden SF had a run, I would have picked up my pair from them.post #51413 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:07ampost #51414 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:08amQuote:
Here's the full straps without flash as requested. However...some of the light issues are caused by my overhead fluorescent lighting.
See Ya,post #51415 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:33ampost #51416 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:37ampost #51417 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:42am
Ive got four pairs of shell cordovan shoes that i wear in rotation, the oldest being 2 years old. I have never used wax on my shoes. Just give them a good brushing before wear. Please share your thoughts on not waxing my shells at all? Is waxing necessary, in that does lack of it deteriorate the leather over time?
I know about the Mac method et all but would you say that shell needs waxing at least twice a year or something (my shoes are not exposed to much dust and dirt)
Lastly is Alden/Kiwi paste wax good enough or do forum members feel using Saphir cordovan cream would be a good investment over Alden wax to ensure longevity and good looks?post #51418 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:45ampost #51419 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:45ampost #51420 of 1224165/22/13 at 9:46am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Italy in May - Recommendations please 8 seconds ago
- › BRAND NEW ALDEN WHISKEY LWB - 11D 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Minnis Tobacco "DWW" Fresco GMTO 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...