good looking chukka. I completely agree with your logic on it
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3401post #51001 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51002 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
What were the two pair from J. Gilbert? I guess I should stop by their shop; I live in Seattle.
Worth trying for those Ravello's on eBay, then? I admit, they do look dark to me, but I haven't seen any Ravello in person.post #51003 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:17pmQuote:
for comparison sake here is a recent pic of my Ravello Chukkaspost #51004 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:18pmpost #51005 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:31pmpost #51006 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:35pmpost #51007 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:38pmpost #51008 of 1224165/16/13 at 7:50pmpost #51009 of 1224165/16/13 at 8:05pmpost #51010 of 1224165/16/13 at 8:33pmpost #51011 of 1224165/16/13 at 8:33pmpost #51012 of 1224165/16/13 at 8:56pm
For me, a 11D Barrie fits me very, very well. I do have to mention that my left foot is a great deal wider than my right (this causes me major fit issues).
11.5D in Grant would have worked out very well for me if it was not for my left foot (waaaay to tight). 11.5D in Grant fit my right foot perfect.
I ended up with 11.5E.
I will say however, the #8 4060's have been garnering tons of compliments.
Quote:post #51013 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:47pmKudu Chukka (Click to show)
I had these at one point, but sold them. I'd say they'd be pretty great in a place that gets a lot of snow and rain. The kudu leather is pretty heavily oiled an the sole is very comfy.post #51014 of 1224165/17/13 at 4:13ampost #51015 of 1224165/17/13 at 5:57am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 11 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 20 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?