Awesome, thanks. That is helpful. Neatsfoot oil is by Saphir, right?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3396post #50926 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:02ampost #50927 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:10ampost #50928 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Neatsfoot oil is just an oil in the same way olive oil is an oil. It's sold by many different makers.
I would recommend the Lexol Neatsfoot product however:
which is also what Alden SF uses/recommends.
I've used raw neatsfoot oil before and its sorta nasty stuff but the Lexol product has a much better consistency.
Note, it's only recommended for chromexcel, not really for any and all leathers.post #50929 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:15ampost #50930 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:20amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look pretty good. I was disappointed that I missed them when they were on Gilt a few weeks ago.post #50931 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:42ampost #50932 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:44ampost #50933 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:45ampost #50934 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:45ampost #50935 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:48ampost #50936 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:53ampost #50937 of 1224165/16/13 at 10:57ampost #50938 of 1224165/16/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I like Ravello best myself. The price for the Chukkas is $730 per pair. I just bought earlier today a pair of cigar split toe slip ons, and a whiskey full strap slip on. Don't own any of the chukkas, but the options out there so I thought I would ask. All of these are returnable within the typical return rules.
This week alone I ordered monk strap whiskey, #8 NSB on barrie, both of those are irregulars from TSM, cigar split toe slip on, whiskey strap slip on. Plus looking at these Chukka's. Hard decision on what to keep, possibly all of them and also consider the chukkas in whiskey, ravello and cigar. If I had to pick 1 it would be the Ravello. I'm not sure on chukkas, never owned any. On this forum they seem to be popular.
I also scored a whiskey belt!
Stevepost #50939 of 1224165/16/13 at 11:38ampost #50940 of 1224165/16/13 at 11:54am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 44 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...