Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3374post #50596 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50597 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:44pmpost #50598 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:48pmpost #50599 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:09pmpost #50600 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:14pmpost #50601 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:15pmpost #50602 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:18pmpost #50603 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:47pmpost #50604 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:50pmpost #50605 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by hkpm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
maiden voyage of my color 8 tassel loafer
first time in my life to wear tassel
Welcome to the tassel club. It is Alden's own original classic! Wear in great health my friend...post #50606 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:25pmpost #50607 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:31pmpost #50608 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thank you all.
I have been eyeing on the navy suede tassels alreadypost #50609 of 1224165/12/13 at 8:13pmQuote:
For shell cordovan full recrafts, I have used 3 cobblers:
Alden - 159, JR resole, bags, trees, 8 - 10 weeks; officially they say 6-10 weeks and, as posted here earlier, some have had them back in 6 weeks
AE - 150, JR resole, bags, trees, 3 - 4 weeks
BNelson - 150, JR resole, bags, trees, 2 - 4 weeks
I have used each of them various times, and have also had AEs and Aldens restored at BNelson (as well as other brands). They have all done a nice job.
Personally, I don't really care about the turnaround time.
I am to the point where I use Alden for Alden, AE for AE, and BNelson for others (e.g., vintage Florshiem or Hanover).
In my experience, the one great thing about using Alden for Alden and AE for AE is that the shoes are returned as if they are a brand new pair. It makes the money spent and the wait time totally worth it.
Alden only does recrafts with the same materials as the original (no changing leather sole for commando, for example). So this might mean a guy has to go elsewhere. AE allows a person to switch things up. BNelson, of course, has a variety of options.post #50610 of 1224165/12/13 at 8:51pmI sized down a full inch, 11.5 normally to 10.5, for an alden boot barrie last.
I'm looking to pick up a pair of alden plaza last oxfords. Based on a graphic it seems I should go "tts" with this last, do you think I could make a 10.5 plaza work then? I'm on the wider foot end of the spectrum.
Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1558 Active Users (354 Members and 1204 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on next pair of Allen Edmonds 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for New & Lingwood 11.5 D 5 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers - What to buy? What to avoid? 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Panta 6 fold ties, wool and 50oz silk 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.