Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 6:46 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3374post #50596 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:24pmpost #50597 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:44pmpost #50598 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:48pmpost #50599 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:09pmpost #50600 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:14pmpost #50601 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:15pmpost #50602 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:18pmpost #50603 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:47pmpost #50604 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:50pmpost #50605 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by hkpm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
maiden voyage of my color 8 tassel loafer
first time in my life to wear tassel
Welcome to the tassel club. It is Alden's own original classic! Wear in great health my friend...post #50606 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:25pmpost #50607 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:31pmpost #50608 of 1224165/12/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thank you all.
I have been eyeing on the navy suede tassels alreadypost #50609 of 1224165/12/13 at 8:13pmQuote:
For shell cordovan full recrafts, I have used 3 cobblers:
Alden - 159, JR resole, bags, trees, 8 - 10 weeks; officially they say 6-10 weeks and, as posted here earlier, some have had them back in 6 weeks
AE - 150, JR resole, bags, trees, 3 - 4 weeks
BNelson - 150, JR resole, bags, trees, 2 - 4 weeks
I have used each of them various times, and have also had AEs and Aldens restored at BNelson (as well as other brands). They have all done a nice job.
Personally, I don't really care about the turnaround time.
I am to the point where I use Alden for Alden, AE for AE, and BNelson for others (e.g., vintage Florshiem or Hanover).
In my experience, the one great thing about using Alden for Alden and AE for AE is that the shoes are returned as if they are a brand new pair. It makes the money spent and the wait time totally worth it.
Alden only does recrafts with the same materials as the original (no changing leather sole for commando, for example). So this might mean a guy has to go elsewhere. AE allows a person to switch things up. BNelson, of course, has a variety of options.post #50610 of 1224165/12/13 at 8:51pmI sized down a full inch, 11.5 normally to 10.5, for an alden boot barrie last.
I'm looking to pick up a pair of alden plaza last oxfords. Based on a graphic it seems I should go "tts" with this last, do you think I could make a 10.5 plaza work then? I'm on the wider foot end of the spectrum.
Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 874 Active Users (118 Members and 756 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 seconds ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 7 minutes ago
- › Dylan & Son - Singapore - BEWARE! 8 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 20 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 22 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 23 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 27 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 28 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 30 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...