Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3372post #50566 of 1224165/12/13 at 2:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50567 of 1224165/12/13 at 2:18amAlso, PSA:
Brooks Brothers is having a Corporate Discount sale day on May 22nd or 23rd (can't remember which for sure) - but the mailer I got today said there are no exclusions, so I'm assuming it'll work on cordo models.post #50568 of 1224165/12/13 at 4:33amQuote:
They may take those shoes off the website at that time however.post #50569 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:26ampost #50570 of 1224165/12/13 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mediahoundQuote:
They may take those shoes off the website at that time however.
If that's the case, you may be able to get around it by making your selection early and keeping it in your shopping cart.post #50571 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:04amQuote:
That's because they're already charging an unreasonable 150 bucks for the service. 8-10 weeks?
There are many quality cobblers that can handle Aldens, and will be more accommodating to the customer.post #50572 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:09ampost #50573 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:09amQuote:
To be honest I don't have a large frame of reference since all my shoes have been refurb at AE or B. Nelson but all of the ones from B. Nelson have been top notch and have always came back far quicker then there posted time and was willing to adjust them as I needed.post #50574 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:42ampost #50575 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:44ampost #50576 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:44ampost #50577 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:45ampost #50578 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:48ampost #50579 of 1224165/12/13 at 6:57ampost #50580 of 1224165/12/13 at 8:28amQuote:
You may be correct, however, they left them up last time. I was able to snag a pair for 30% off.
Those Natty Tassels are tempting, but I think I can refrain. They look awesome in the pics, just not sure how they would look IRL or how they would look after developing a patina. I suspect that type of 'character' would not be appropriate for that style of shoe.Quote:
I just wish other cobblers had access to Alden's original lasts. Not sure if not using the original last would make a noticeable difference in the end result, but that is why I tend to lean towards Alden. Also, someone recently told me that Alden will not restore a shoe that has been resoled previously by another cobbler. Confirm or deny? If true, that is another consideration.Quote:
Agreed, these are basically the only thing left on my short list. Maybe Ravello Tassels as well, but I'll have to see the pics of yours when the come back before I can make that determination.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 27 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 39 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?