Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3370post #50536 of 1224165/11/13 at 10:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50537 of 1224165/11/13 at 10:28amQuote:Sir, I wholeheartedly commend your forthright deference and gracious civility. Yes we share a common interest and affinity for Alden footwear, but what is more important to this fellow traveler is how we try to engage each other as afficianados and gentlemen. Personally I wouldn't care if any SF participant posted a picture of their pet Labrador wearing some beat up Chuck Taylor high tops. It's a free country. Speak and be heard.Originally Posted by englade321
Feel free to scroll past...................
I apologize to this forum for any part I may have had in unleashing this deluge of off topic sophistry upon all . My intent was merely to defend someone who I felt was unfairly maligned for simply posting a picture of a sports celebrity wearing a pair of Alden shoes. (Messianic complex and all that rot you know)This was obviously a mistake .I wiil make every effort fromthis point on to confine my post to the subject of shoes and Alden shoes in particular.
MWS only because you have asked me to comment on your argument will I say that since my objective has only been ,to as much as possible , clear the waters of misunderstanding and.yours appear to me to be to muddy them for god knows what reason I can no longer participate in this self indulgent foolishnesspost #50538 of 1224165/11/13 at 11:37ampost #50539 of 1224165/11/13 at 12:40pm
I found these at a local second hand store yesterday, therefore I don't have any before pictures. These seem to have been restored and not worn. I've never had shoes restored, in my opinion they did a FINE job at alden. I don't think I would invest over $125 to have calf shoes restored by alden. after seeing these, i would send my shell aldens to get restored as long as they could assure me they wouldn't mess with the color... i remember seeing a sad picture of whiskey shell which ended up with a horrible color after an alden restoration.
I don't know the details for this reconstruction, but the leather feels excellent and shows no scuffs or scratches. the leather soles and stitching is as good as any new pair I've purchased. The inside leather lining was not fixed - replaced, i wonder why. I thought these were interesting and educational.post #50540 of 1224165/11/13 at 1:15pmMrDV i find it difficult to believe that with your collection any of your shoes would see enough action to require restoration . An enviable position indeed
I have found that the factory finish applied by Alden is easily removed through the prudent use of certain products ,at least on shell at any ratepost #50541 of 1224165/11/13 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BeSpiffington
Sir, I wholeheartedly commend your forthright deference and gracious civility. Yes we share a common interest and affinity for Alden footwear, but what is more important to this fellow traveler is how we try to engage each other as afficianados and gentlemen. Personally I wouldn't care if any SF participant posted a picture of their pet Labrador wearing some beat up Chuck Taylor high tops. It's a free country. Speak and be heard.post #50542 of 1224165/11/13 at 1:41pmpost #50543 of 1224165/11/13 at 2:29pmpost #50544 of 1224165/11/13 at 2:34pmpost #50545 of 1224165/11/13 at 2:38pmpost #50546 of 1224165/11/13 at 2:55pmpost #50547 of 1224165/11/13 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
Chipshot, I regret that the only times you and I have engaged in conversation together is when you have chosen to surface and make a fruitless comment regarding a conversation that you haven't contributed to at all. Knowing that people like you are lurking around the forum, I had the foresight to include a sentence in my original post before I even submitted it. As I said above, you are free to keep scrolling through the comments you aren't interested in, that's the beauty of a mouse. The number of words in my post was what it took to convey my opinion, nothing more or less. If there is anything in my post that you actually disagree with, I'd love to hear it. That's one of the purposes of this thread - discussion. Generally, when one can't form a useful or otherwise coherent response to someone's statements, they default to childish jabs or insults as you have done.
Wow, you definitely need to, settle down. Let me guess .. Young Attorneypost #50548 of 1224165/11/13 at 3:47pmpost #50549 of 1224165/11/13 at 4:11pmpost #50550 of 1224165/11/13 at 4:20pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...