Anyone have a good rec. for getting a couple pairs of Aldens topy'd around wall st? Not really an alden specific question but I figure y'all are pretty careful about who you let handle them...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3362post #50417 of 1224165/9/13 at 9:38pmpost #50418 of 1224165/9/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hill
There are also Self Edges in LA and San Francisco, but no Blue In Green. You also might want to try American Rag. They don't stock the high-end heavy-weight Japanese denim but have some great cuts. Some call them gateway or starter selvedge but I always come back to APC New Standards. That said I don't own many pairs of the super high-end stuff.
thanks for the advice hill and tactileone.
we are going to san Francisco this july. i'll be visiting alden sf for the first time and unionmade. now I can add self edges sf to the list. I hope to find a couple of nice things.post #50419 of 1224165/9/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
thanks for the kind words. maybe we can plan an "alden family picture" weekend for memorial day weekend. what do you guys think?
thanks uncle.post #50420 of 1224165/9/13 at 11:35pmpost #50421 of 1224165/10/13 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Profligate47
I tried Need Supply for the snuff suede LHS right after I read your original post, but it seems as if they have only size 8 in stock (I'm 10.5D). I am the same size in Van, Aberdeen, Tremont, Barrie, and Marlow. I tried to size up for Plaza, but they were too big and not wide enough. If you hear of any other stockists for the Snuff, please let me know...
How on earth is this possible? I wear a 8.5D Barrie, 9E Leydon and a 9.5D Aberdeen (Brannock is 9.5D Left/9.25D Right).
Are my feet mutants? :Opost #50422 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:04ampost #50423 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:08ampost #50424 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:12ampost #50425 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:26amQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes folks! With all the talk of limited availability of rare shell colors, I knew I had to jump on these. Looks like the rain has stopped and Friday is my conference call day so I will be brushing the crap out of these and hopefully snap a few more pictures.post #50426 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:51amQuote:
Minas shoe repair on Wall, next to the BMW dealership, is a quality place. Minas has been in business for 30+ years, originally in the WTC. He does very good work.post #50427 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I like it newer posters bring the heat with great collections right from the start
I'm in for family picture Memorial Daypost #50428 of 1224165/10/13 at 5:57ampost #50429 of 1224165/10/13 at 6:01ampost #50430 of 1224165/10/13 at 6:24amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
Thats not what he is saying, based on my interpretation.
As MH clarified, he is not among those who buys things because he sees celebrities wearing them. Therefore, that last part of his post does not apply to MH, only those who do consciously try to emulate celebrities.
Where they disagree, is that MH thinks it is perfectly fine for people to buy things in an effort to emulate celebrities, while MWS thinks it is pitiful and juvenile.
MH or MWS, please correct me if I am misinterpreting your respective positions.
Thanks Bakes, you are correct.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Are Huntsman prices fully justified? 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 17 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...