or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3354  

post #50296 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Gentlemen, anyone else is waiting for LS Safari boots restock? Wonder how much use I get from these.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/01/21/alden-shoes-the-safari-boot-re-stock-lsw-lsbh/

i have a pair pre-ordered.
post #50297 of 122416

deleted

 

 

post #50298 of 122416
It's not.
post #50299 of 122416
Posting items for sale in the discussion forums is usually discouraged.
post #50300 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

It's probably worth pointing out that the BB ones are lined.

and $50 more than the alden stock model.
post #50301 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Got lucky the other night and noticed TSM had my size available in the Cigar PTB. I've missed out more than once on this shoe so I didn't have to think twice before purchasing. They arrived this morning and after a bit of brushing, I threw them on for the day. Couldn't be more pleased and TSM was great as usual. They even included a leather covered shoehorn. They were absolutely flawless out of the box. There is nothing like the aroma of fresh cordovan to fill the car. I didn't want to open the windows. It started raining as I walked in the door so I had to settle for some indoor shots when I got home.







I have a pair of unworn cigar PTBs I was considering selling... This pic is dissuading me
post #50302 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

plus, David Beckham wears the Aldens  (yes, i know i posted this about a month ago)- 

 

 

 

 

 

(I can only speak for myself, and this is not a shot at you personally MH, just a response to your post) Personally, I don't care if David Beckham wears Aldens or Leonardo DiCaprio wears black PTB.

 

In my eyes, it does not make Alden any cooler, or make me want them any more.

 

I think it is silly when people idolize celebrities.  Beckham is good at soccer, DiCaprio is good at acting, but they are otherwise just normal people with lots of money.  Just because they wear something doesn't make it cool, at least not to me.  Just because I respect them for their professional achievements does not mean I need to imitate them.

post #50303 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I have a pair of unworn cigar PTBs I was considering selling... This pic is dissuading me

What size?
post #50304 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

 

(I can only speak for myself, and this is not a shot at you personally MH, just a response to your post) Personally, I don't care if David Beckham wears Aldens or Leonardo DiCaprio wears black PTB.

 

In my eyes, it does not make Alden any cooler, or make me want them any more.

 

I think it is silly when people idolize celebrities.  Beckham is good at soccer, DiCaprio is good at acting, but they are otherwise just normal people with lots of money.  Just because they wear something doesn't make it cool, at least not to me.  Just because I respect them for their professional achievements does not mean I need to imitate them.

i on the other hand aspire to be just like david beckham, and it's the only reason i buy Aldens. 

post #50305 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

plus, David Beckham wears the Aldens  (yes, i know i posted this about a month ago)-  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


David-Beckham-wears-Alden-Biege-Brown-Suede-Chukka-Boots.jpg

I was looking at this exact pair tonight on Shoemart. I vant 2 B laik teh Beckhams.

But for real. Leydon last, snuff suede. Beautiful.
post #50306 of 122416
It's a beautiful shoe, and I've got a tan pair in the mail, but man -- I'll really think twice about anything that guy touches.
post #50307 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

(I can only speak for myself, and this is not a shot at you personally MH, just a response to your post) Personally, I don't care if David Beckham wears Aldens or Leonardo DiCaprio wears black PTB.

In my eyes, it does not make Alden any cooler, or make me want them any more.

I think it is silly when people idolize celebrities.  Beckham is good at soccer, DiCaprio is good at acting, but they are otherwise just normal people with lots of money.  Just because they wear something doesn't make it cool, at least not to me.  Just because I respect them for their professional achievements does not mean I need to imitate them.
I understand how you feel but in defence of MH i gotta say that posting pictures of celebrities of every sort be it fashion ,sports, royalty, media or just well dressed gents on the street then observing , analyzing and commenting on what they are wearing is kind of the core of what styleforum is all about . That may not be the raison d'etre of this thread but it certainly is for a large part of the community as a whole . So agree with it or not it does matter what David Beckham Leonardo di Caprio or the peacocks at Pitti Uomo wear otherwise they would be of little or no significance at all in this forum .
post #50308 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


I was looking at this exact pair tonight on Shoemart. I vant 2 B laik teh Beckhams.

But for real. Leydon last, snuff suede. Beautiful.

they're very choice indeed. i've been considering them for like a month. i just can't convince myself enough to buy them at full price. 

post #50309 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

they're very choice indeed. i've been considering them for like a month. i just can't convince myself enough to buy them at full price. 

I wore my snuff suede Leydon chukkas yesterday for the second time in several days. IMHO the buttery softness, lightness and ease of walking in these makes them worth the $. Everyone just buy them already--whether you appreciate David Beckham or think he's a tool.
post #50310 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

they're very choice indeed. i've been considering them for like a month. i just can't convince myself enough to buy them at full price. 
My dilemma exactly . RTP thanks for your input
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.