Leather soul may have some pebble grain boots available, you should check w them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3345
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50162 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:04ampost #50163 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:04ampost #50164 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
It's been a hectic weekend. Dear wife and I finally closed on the house after a long odyssey of hard ass bluffing from the sellers and paperwork snafus all over the place on the part of mortgage companies. Looking to set a more relaxed vibe, I decided to attend the closing sockless, feet clad only in shell Uncle earlier noted as "king," color 8:
There was something so calming about dealing with pre-closing jitters by engaging in the Mac Method the night before the main event
I'm hoping for more opportunities to go sockless this summer. This week I'm working on breaking in the snuff suede UPLs from Need Supply (10% off!!)
(sorry for crummy iphone 5 pics)
congratulations on your new house
wear your suede in good healthpost #50165 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:09ampost #50166 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:10amQuote:Why dear sir, your very welcome MrDV. I've been wearing Levi's 501's shrink-to-fits since a bit past the middle of the 20th century. Recently I bought some EP Farm X Selvedge jeans. They are exorbitant in price by my standards for denim, but my girlfriend likes them. EP's got a Walt Slim taupe colored trouser in wool/linen & silk which looks real nice.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 5/7/13 at 12:20pmpost #50167 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:13ampost #50168 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:14amQuote:
this is a slippery slope of a question...It is really going to depend on cut and style of jeans you like. J Crew does do some quasi-selvedge if you are comfortable with their fit. From their it is really going to come down to American denim versus Japanese denim and the thickness you are looking for. Once that has been decided it will then be how slim of a leg and how tapered of an opening you want. Is this madness starting to sound familiar?? I am happy to make suggestions or help direct any way that I can.post #50169 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:19ampost #50170 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:19amI've been looking for the cigar PTB for a while now and never came across my size in time. I did my weekly check at TSM last night and low and behold they had a 10.5d. I jumped on it about 9 PM last night and just received my shipping notice! I gladly ponied up for FedEx overnight and they will arrive by 1030 tomorrow!post #50171 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:20ampost #50172 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:21amQuote:
#8 nst are on the aberdeen last, highly recommend as long as the aberdeen last works for you feetpost #50173 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
I've been looking for the cigar PTB for a while now and never came across my size in time. I did my weekly check at TSM last night and low and behold they had a 10.5d. I jumped on it about 9 PM last night and just received my shipping notice! I gladly ponied up for FedEx overnight and they will arrive by 1030 tomorrow!
NIce!! Post some pics when they arrive.post #50174 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:25ampost #50175 of 1224165/7/13 at 11:36amQuote:Altering the legs on a pair of new jeans is one of the simplest sewing procedures I know of . Fit in that area should not be an issue if everything else is good to go .If you came to me with jeans that needed legs altered I would and do do it as a favor to a friend free of charge . It really is that easy.Originally Posted by rydenfan
this is a slippery slope of a question...It is really going to depend on cut and style of jeans you like. J Crew does do some quasi-selvedge if you are comfortable with their fit. From their it is really going to come down to American denim versus Japanese denim and the thickness you are looking for. Once that has been decided it will then be how slim of a leg and how tapered of an opening you want. Is this madness starting to sound familiar?? I am happy to make suggestions or help direct any way that I can.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 27 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1