Thank you CA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3327post #49892 of 1224165/3/13 at 8:26ampost #49893 of 1224165/3/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator
The 975 is a main staple to any wardrobe... Why not just buy it directly from Alden via one of their company stores (DC or San Francisco) or is your size the issue? I believe thats a style they readily keep in stock (unless the rumors about a shell shortage that have been circulating on the forum have come to bear reality).
agree. i think alden sf has most sizes of the 975 in stock right now.post #49894 of 1224165/3/13 at 9:23ampost #49895 of 1224165/3/13 at 9:26ampost #49896 of 1224165/3/13 at 9:31ampost #49897 of 1224165/3/13 at 9:35ampost #49898 of 1224165/3/13 at 9:43ampost #49899 of 1224165/3/13 at 10:26ampost #49900 of 1224165/3/13 at 10:36ampost #49901 of 1224165/3/13 at 10:44ampost #49902 of 1224165/3/13 at 10:58am
Wear on good health, Sazon! Just one question: didn't we both get these a couple months ago? I'm impressed with your ability to restrain yourself; I wore them out to town the very first night!
Happy maiden voyage...post #49903 of 1224165/3/13 at 11:43ampost #49904 of 1224165/3/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
I have two color 8 Florsheim imperial shell models from the1970's - LWB and PTB - and one black shell model from 1981 - PTB. I wear them all TTS. I like each of them as well as my Aldens. They fit like a glove and are of wonderful quality. American made.
Wore my black ones tonight .....
where did you find my florsheim's. those were the equal to aldens and more costlypost #49905 of 1224165/3/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
My camera doesn't do these shoes justice. I assumed I would use these exclusively for casual to business casual, but these SWB's look outstanding; they could easily be dressed up with a suit. There are those though, who believe bluchers should not be paired with suits. I'm not one of them.
The commando sole is subtle enough for a dressy boot, imo.
i agree with your conclusion that they could and should be worn with a suit and tie.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › New BORRELLI Double Breasted Wool Coat - SIZE 38 / 40 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...