I screwed up and used a little neutral polish on my longwing shell cordovan #8s. Now the creases are a powdery white. Any tips on getting rid of white creases?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3311post #49652 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:06ampost #49653 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by caseylee
Hi all, I apologize if this question has been answered and beaten to death elsewhere, but there seems to be varying opinions and I'm still a bit confused. How does the Leydon last (e.g. in the unlined suede chukkas) compare to the Barrie last (in the various calf and shell LWB)? My starter Alden collection consists of 3 calf LWB, 1 suede LWB, 1 shell LWB, 1 shell captoe boot, and 1 suede unlined blucher, all of them in the Barrie last. They're all 8Ds and I'm pleased with the fit; I wear dress socks with them most of the time. I am now wanting the unlined snuff suede chukkas (as sold by Shoemart, Unionmade, etc.) to round out the collection but unsure of the size that I should order (at least initially so I can try them on). I've Googled and have read varying opinions on how the Leydon fits and compares to the Barrie. Some say to size down a half and order up in width (i.e. 7.5E compared to 8D in the Barrie), some say to stay the same but order up in width (i.e. 8E), and others say order up a half size and up in width (i.e. 8.5E). Yet others recommend to stay with the 8D, as they'll stretch a little. Looking for some sincere experiences from those that have both the Leydon suede chukkas and Barrie LWB. What do you recommend, from your experience, in terms of sizing and width for the Leydon chukkas if I'm an 8D in the Barrie (and wearing dress socks with them or no-show thin socks in the summertime)? Thank you kindly in advance.
I went TTS (8.5E) with my first pair of Leydon Chukkas, and although they are very flexible and do stretch a bit, they are a bit snug. For my second pair, I went up a half size to a 9D. I use the 9's for travelling, easy on/off at aiport security, and plenty of room and stretch for feet swelling during air travel.
I have seen some retailers only sell the Leydon in E width as they say the E fits like a D...post #49654 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:27amQuote:You have a couple of options.
post #49655 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:29ampost #49656 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by sazon
- Ignore it and wear. This may sound like I am being a smart ass but it will go away with normal wear and brushing.
- Get a dear bone or use the smooth back of a spoon to rub it out. (Again I may sound like a smart ass but I mean the scratch)
- A little similar colored shoe cream. This last step is the quickest but maybe not best fix. I think if you use a little on the scratch you have to use the same amount all over on both boots to make sure the colors match.
Looking sharp gentlemen, looking sharp all around.
#4 Captoe boot today
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/790725/width/500/h eight/1000[/IMG]
That boot just keeps getting better. Ive never seen a pair in person. If I were able to obtain a pair, I woudn't buy any Aldens for a good two months.
A question to debate, what is the most anyone would be for their "Grail" Aldens?post #49657 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:30ampost #49658 of 1224164/30/13 at 6:57ampost #49659 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:01ampost #49660 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:03ampost #49661 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:11ampost #49662 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:14ampost #49663 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:19ampost #49664 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:28ampost #49665 of 1224164/30/13 at 7:29am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1283 Active Users (223 Members and 1060 Guests)
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 28 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Cuban Heels 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Going from greasemonkey to business casual 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...