I use Alden Large trees for my 9D Barrie's and have never had an issue with stretching.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:48 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3306post #49576 of 1224164/28/13 at 4:26pmpost #49577 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:32pmpost #49578 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:41pmpost #49579 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:47pmpost #49580 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:50pmpost #49581 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:50pmpost #49582 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #49583 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:56pmpost #49584 of 1224164/28/13 at 6:58pmpost #49585 of 1224164/28/13 at 7:32pmpost #49586 of 1224164/28/13 at 7:56pmpost #49587 of 1224164/28/13 at 7:56pmpost #49588 of 1224164/28/13 at 8:17pmGentlemen-I got to use my deer bone on my shell cordovan and overall I like the results. I will say my deer bone has a few rough spots to avoid touching the hide or it will make new scuffs, other than that it works very well at working out wrinkles and lighter spots. Still working on best method to cover entire shoe, some ways using circular motion, others kinda sawing motion with the edge of the bone. I can say it's a learned process, and I got better as I tried different ways.
Stevepost #49589 of 1224164/28/13 at 9:32pm
I've so far only purchased a few shoes from AE and Meermin. I am considering either the boots below for my next shoe or the AE Dalton. Can someone please tell me more info about this wingtip boot? What's the name of the boot? Is this shell cordovan? How much does it go for? Does it ever go on sale for a significant discount? How can I order a pair? I tried searching this thread for some answers but there are just too many posts for me to sift through.
I believe it's the same as this: http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=155&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=
But if anyone can chime in I'd appreciate it. $700 for a pair of boots is a steep price for me so if there are any potential sales I'd like to hear. Thanks.post #49590 of 1224164/28/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by ktown
I've so far only purchased a few shoes from AE and Meermin. I am considering either the boots below for my next shoe or the AE Dalton. Can someone please tell me more info about this wingtip boot? What's the name of the boot? Is this shell cordovan? How much does it go for? Does it ever go on sale for a significant discount? How can I order a pair? I tried searching this thread for some answers but there are just too many posts for me to sift through. Thanks in advance.
That particular one looks like it may be on the Plaza last, which is harder to find. Not sure who sells that, but I'm sure others on the thread will know for sure. I suspect Alden of Carmel or J Gilbert, but that is just my best guess.
There is a more common version on the Barrie last:
Which might be easier to find.
The Shoe Mart
Alden of SF has size 11
to name a few...
I'm sure someone else will chime in with some others.
Probably won't find it on sale. At this point, you should feel fortunate to find one in your size.
Edit: Yes that IS shell cordovan. Expect to pay almost $800 $700 (wow, thats actually not bad compared to what I'm used to lately)
Also, it looks like Alden of Carmel does have a couple versions (various last/sole combinations) in a few sizes. They have a very strict return policy, so you better know your size if you are going to try to order from them.
Edited by Bakes11771 - 4/28/13 at 9:50pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 30 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 1 minute ago
- › WTT Suitsupply Brown Wool Bomber Size L - Need XL 2 minutes ago
- › Do you like my new pink cashmere Attolini tie? 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Slain Baby Reinvents Rick Owens 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding