As far as I know Alden doesn't make a neutral paste wax. But perhaps your comment was more general and not restricted to Alden paste waxes ....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3294post #49396 of 1224164/25/13 at 3:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49397 of 1224164/25/13 at 3:45pmpost #49398 of 1224164/25/13 at 3:50pmpost #49399 of 1224164/25/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
I'm with SFTG on this one. I probably won't buy Barrie or Trubalance lasted shoes/boots anymore if they have a full 360 storm welt. The heels are already wide on these lasts and the 360 welt just makes the back end way too wide IMO. I have been enjoying my Barrie lasts with a flat welt and close heel. Makes the "bulbous" (sp?) Barrie look much sleeker. It took me awhile to consciously acknowledge what my preferences were in this area.post #49400 of 1224164/25/13 at 4:35pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
I'm with SFTG on this one. I probably won't buy Barrie or Trubalance lasted shoes/boots anymore if they have a full 360 storm welt. The heels are already wide on these lasts and the 360 welt just makes the back end way too wide IMO. I have been enjoying my Barrie lasts with a flat welt and close heel. Makes the "bulbous" (sp?) Barrie look much sleeker. It took me awhile to consciously acknowledge what my preferences were in this area.
the 360° storm welt seems to suit the LWB and PTB quite well though.post #49401 of 1224164/25/13 at 4:59pmpost #49402 of 1224164/25/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
Uncle, just curious, does the AE three eyelet chukka (Dundee), work for you? AE has had some nice looking shell offerings in the Dundee but I have never tried them..post #49403 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:05pmpost #49404 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:07pmpost #49405 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:11pm
PSA: For those of you who like the Woodlore Epic double-shaft shoe trees, the coupon code below (cvsclub55) still seems to work even though that post was from 3/3/13. I got 4 sets at $20.99 each (reg $25.99). I thought that was a decent deal.
Styleforum -will take 10% off total order
cvsclub55 - will take $5.00 off Epic Cedar Shoe Trees
cvsclub44 - will take $4.00 off Washburn Cedar Shoe trees
cvsclub22 - will take $2.00 off Classic Cedar Suit Hanger
http://cedarvillestore.com/post #49406 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:11pmpost #49407 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:13pmpost #49408 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:17pmpost #49409 of 1224164/25/13 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
If they have no storm welt and a 270 welt, they look much sleeker than a model with a storm welt and a 360 welt.
I personally disagree that they look unbalanced.
+1, I don't think its the lack of a storm welt that makes the cadet look awkward. I think this particular perf CTB seems like it should be a boot (looks too fat and bloated). Maybe the aberdeen last would be more suitable.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 56 seconds ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...