good shine on your lhs
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3267
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48992 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:43pmpost #48993 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:46pmpost #48994 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:50pmpost #48995 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:52pmpost #48996 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:54pmpost #48997 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:57pmpost #48998 of 1224164/20/13 at 7:08pmpost #48999 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:08pmHello folks,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Firstly, I fit a trubalance boot in 10.5, so using the same logic that a Barrie last runs ~0.5 size larger like the trubalance, I bought a LWB in 10.5 and it fits a little big. Well I have a cap toe boot on the Barrie last preordered in a 10.5 and I worry it will fit me a tad larger like the LWB in the same size. Does the boot fit differently from a shoe much? Granted I do wear thinner dress socks with the shoe as opposed to thicker socks with the boot, but I still figured the difference wouldn't be that drastic.
Should I order a size 10 in the cap toe boot, too, and return the one that doesn't fit or forgo it and perhaps accept the fact that Barrie last simply doesn't fit my feet well. On a side note, I want a wing tip boot on the grant last from shoemart - should I go 10.5 here?
I suppose I could go to sherman brothers (closest alden supplier near me) but they really don't stock too many boots in store so I fear I won't be able to make an accurate size estimate by visiting one of their stores.
Thanks!post #49000 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:14pm
8.5 in Trubalance and was my first Alden. It fits.
8.0 in Barrie. All my barries fit identical. (including boots).
After getting the 8 in the barrie, I sort of realized I could probably have been good with a 8.0 in Trubalance, but didn't really notice the extra room b/c it's a boot and you tie it around your ankle, so I'm not swimming in it. It's super comfy too, so didn't really question it. However, 8.5 in barrie was definitely too big.post #49001 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:50pmpost #49002 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Fair enough with those two examples, though they also might have made a business decision that the volume they could do in the shell they could get wasn't worth it. Shell is clearly not in abundant supply compared to other leathers and probably never has been.
And Rancourt, Carmina, Vass, and DaLuca (watch straps and wallets), all seem to have ready enough access to Horween shell to meet their demand. These are just what I'm familiar with. As I mentioned, their overall volume is likely much lower than Aldens, and my point may go out the window when these makers announce they are experiencing a shortage, but I'll stand pat for now. If I turn out to be wrong, you can all throw it in my face while I surround myself with the beautiful shell cordovan I'm hording...
Vass said their rare colors are about 1 year wait right now. I interpret that to mean new customers wait one year for whiskey, cigar, ravello ish colors. Burgundy, black seems to be business as usual thoughpost #49003 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
(Many say that Barrie LWB are roomy compared to Barrie boots. I can't speak from personal experience, but I've seen this discussed enough times in this thread to think that you should be fine)post #49004 of 1224164/20/13 at 9:01pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?