good shine on your lhs
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3267post #48992 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:43pmpost #48993 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:46pmpost #48994 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:50pmpost #48995 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:52pmpost #48996 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:54pmpost #48997 of 1224164/20/13 at 5:57pmpost #48998 of 1224164/20/13 at 7:08pmpost #48999 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:08pmHello folks,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Firstly, I fit a trubalance boot in 10.5, so using the same logic that a Barrie last runs ~0.5 size larger like the trubalance, I bought a LWB in 10.5 and it fits a little big. Well I have a cap toe boot on the Barrie last preordered in a 10.5 and I worry it will fit me a tad larger like the LWB in the same size. Does the boot fit differently from a shoe much? Granted I do wear thinner dress socks with the shoe as opposed to thicker socks with the boot, but I still figured the difference wouldn't be that drastic.
Should I order a size 10 in the cap toe boot, too, and return the one that doesn't fit or forgo it and perhaps accept the fact that Barrie last simply doesn't fit my feet well. On a side note, I want a wing tip boot on the grant last from shoemart - should I go 10.5 here?
I suppose I could go to sherman brothers (closest alden supplier near me) but they really don't stock too many boots in store so I fear I won't be able to make an accurate size estimate by visiting one of their stores.
Thanks!post #49000 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:14pm
8.5 in Trubalance and was my first Alden. It fits.
8.0 in Barrie. All my barries fit identical. (including boots).
After getting the 8 in the barrie, I sort of realized I could probably have been good with a 8.0 in Trubalance, but didn't really notice the extra room b/c it's a boot and you tie it around your ankle, so I'm not swimming in it. It's super comfy too, so didn't really question it. However, 8.5 in barrie was definitely too big.post #49001 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:50pmpost #49002 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Fair enough with those two examples, though they also might have made a business decision that the volume they could do in the shell they could get wasn't worth it. Shell is clearly not in abundant supply compared to other leathers and probably never has been.
And Rancourt, Carmina, Vass, and DaLuca (watch straps and wallets), all seem to have ready enough access to Horween shell to meet their demand. These are just what I'm familiar with. As I mentioned, their overall volume is likely much lower than Aldens, and my point may go out the window when these makers announce they are experiencing a shortage, but I'll stand pat for now. If I turn out to be wrong, you can all throw it in my face while I surround myself with the beautiful shell cordovan I'm hording...
Vass said their rare colors are about 1 year wait right now. I interpret that to mean new customers wait one year for whiskey, cigar, ravello ish colors. Burgundy, black seems to be business as usual thoughpost #49003 of 1224164/20/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
(Many say that Barrie LWB are roomy compared to Barrie boots. I can't speak from personal experience, but I've seen this discussed enough times in this thread to think that you should be fine)post #49004 of 1224164/20/13 at 9:01pmpost #49005 of 1224164/20/13 at 9:58pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 54 seconds ago
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch Long Haul - Field Tan Wax 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...