or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3250  

post #48736 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutombo View Post


Thanks for your help.

 

Yep, btw, here's a video which demos pull-up leather vs. non pull-up leather:

 

post #48737 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

I was in Alden DC today and saw some ravello gunboats still available.

Did you notice anything in cigar or whiskey?
post #48738 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

Gorgeous, congratulations on both. Mind sharing where you got the shoes?

Thanks! I got em' from Alden SF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good in your whiskey gunboat
wear in good health

Thanks! Good health to you as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post

Indeed. Whiskey LWBs seem to be all gone.

I have some coming lightly worn indoors only from another SF member and I hope they look as good as these!

Congrats on your acquisition! I've had these for a few months now. I wanted to wait till I had time to do a proper Mac break-in method before taking them out on the road … it felt like an eternity wink.gif
post #48739 of 122416
IMG_1100.JPG 2,484k .JPG file

 

 

Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear.  Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too.  I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today.  I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet.  A picture of them is also attached.  There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy.  I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished.  I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost.  Should have those back shortly.  I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

 

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah.  However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

 

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above.  I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden.  If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

 

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden.  The main difference for me is in the details.  In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt.  In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's.  The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

 

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more!  I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product.  I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then.  Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones!  If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k.  So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!

 

 

 

IMG_1065.jpg 1,531k .jpg file

 

 

 

 

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions!  I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #48740 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Did you notice anything in cigar or whiskey?

In "our" size they have the Whiskey shortwing on the Tremont and a Cigar PTB smile.gif
post #48741 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

In "our" size they have the Whiskey shortwing on the Tremont and a Cigar PTB smile.gif

I'm shocked you haven't jumped on them yet.
post #48742 of 122416

Kyle Maclachlan in his Aldens?

 

We know he's a fan - http://www.gqbarberlounge.com/blog/generation-dads/

 

 

 

 

 

post #48743 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Yep, btw, here's a video which demos pull-up leather vs. non pull-up leather:


Last video I clicked on in this thread had some guy licking something. I think I will pass on this one.
post #48744 of 122416
Quote:
you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D

 

Carriers

 

 

post #48745 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

IMG_1100.JPG 2484k .JPG file


Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear.  Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too.  I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today.  I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet.  A picture of them is also attached.  There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy.  I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished.  I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost.  Should have those back shortly.  I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah.  However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above.  I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden.  If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden.  The main difference for me is in the details.  In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt.  In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's.  The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more!  I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product.  I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then.  Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones!  If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k.  So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!



IMG_1065.jpg 1531k .jpg file




I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions!  I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

See Ya,
Steve



Steve,

You may do this already but keep tabs on ebay. I feel like I see larger sizes like 13's and 13.5s pretty frequently. I cant say i recall seeing any 14s though.
post #48746 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

IMG_1100.JPG 2484k .JPG file


Hi-I'm a rookie on this forum, but a long term addict of high end footwear.  Including cowboy boots (I'm from Texas) along with shoe too.  I'm posting a photo of my Alden 864 full strap slip on's in Color #8 shell cordovan that I'm wearing today.  I also own 22241 Ravello Shell Norwegian split toes, 1045 black shell slips on split toes, and a pair of 24061 Whiskey Shell Norwegian split toes which i've not worn yet.  A picture of them is also attached.  There is an issue where the sole, welt, and heel meet that is sloppy.  I'm told Alden is fast track fixing this and they will look perfect when finished.  I went with option over a discount since the special color shells are hard to find and I prefer appearance over lower cost.  Should have those back shortly.  I defininately like to get some other shells in other styles, but many ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY SIZE.

When you talk "boats" on this forum my feet take offense since I wear a 14D, and I've been teased all my life about my feet...that I should just wear the boxes, it takes 2 cows to make a pair for me, blah, blah, blah.  However...I'm fine tease away, I would look stupid with little feet.

I've searched pretty hard online for anything special from Alden in the most desired shell colors with very little luck outside of those listed above.  I could wear size 13.5 D too in an Alden.  If for some reason any of you stumble across a pre-order, or even used size in something rare from Alden, or anyone else if you feel it's of comparable quality...please let me know.

I also own a few pair of Allen Edmonds and while they are great shoes I don't think they are as good as Alden.  The main difference for me is in the details.  In particular if you look at the crimp of the welt and sole of the Aldens...it's finished a lot nicer than the AE's which are only sewn, no edge crimping of the welt.  In addition you see stitching around the top of the heels on the AE vs. a nice finish out on the Alden's.  The construction of the Alden's is similar to my high end cowboy boots that cost $2k-$5k so my hats off to Alden on a higher grade of construction.

I see ya'll talking about rare shell colors and it gets me thinking about rare hides in cowboy boots such as anteater, hornback lizard, hippo, rhino, and more!  I can tell you anteater is one of the most awesome hides I've ever owned, just as soft as ostrich, durable, and overall a fantastic product.  I've got anteater boots made by Lucchese when they were based in San Antonio and considered one of the best boots ever made back then.  Lucchese still makes a great boot, but nothing like those San Antonio, Texas ones!  If you could get them, a new pair of Anteater hide boots in a San Antonio version would easily go in excess of $5k.  So don't get me talking about your Shell addiction!



IMG_1065.jpg 1531k .jpg file




I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to many years of sharing Alden acquisitions!  I'm new at uploading photos, so I'm not sure if this is working correctly?

See Ya,
Steve
Welcome to the forms Steve. Good luck.
post #48747 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Thanks. I wear and like the ravello more.

+1

For me, it is not even close.
post #48748 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

Photo%20Apr%2017%2C%2011%2025%2014%20AM.jpg
Double maiden voyage!
Whiskey LWB & HY blue nailhead trousers smile.gif

Congratulations, awesome shoes.
post #48749 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
thanks for posting
how long have you had them

They are both about 2 years old. Toddlers ?
post #48750 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar nst
argyles otc


Outstanding cigars Uncle...you're killin' me!  Which would you choose if you were forced to... color 8 or cigar NST??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.