or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3236  

post #48526 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

whiskey + blue

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Incredible color, MrDV!!  May I ask how old those are?  Have they darkened much since you got them?  I would die for a boot in that makeup.

post #48527 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Gorgeous color!  Welcome back, Uncle, you were missed.

nephew,
thank you
post #48528 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Wow, I really like these.  The color looks like my ravello but with an extraordinary patina.  Great boot!

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good in your wt boot

Thank you
post #48529 of 122416

#8 nst
argyles otc
post #48530 of 122416
can anyone comment on the heel of a leydon lasted shoe to that of the barrie? i have experience with a leydon chukka, and i think it's narrower but it was hard to tell.
post #48531 of 122416

I wish I hadn't seen this pic, Uncle. Now I have to include the NST on my list of desired acquisitions. They look wonderful!  Aberdeen last? TTS? Wear in great health my friend...

post #48532 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Thanks Ahab - what about compared to the plantation crepe?

Side note - I can't stand toe wear on the leather soled shoes which is why I try to get everything tidied up with a topy.
Alden's plantation sole seems to be the toughest. It does have some drawbacks though. That leather toe tip does wear and starts to pull away from the heal end where the 4 nails are. I have no had to have one of the leather tips replaced yet but I can see it happening some time. Also the crepe sole looks dirty all the time. a few years ago I swore off the crepe soles but now I need another pair of boots with them just because they are so good. The commando would be much dressier than the crepe sole, but it is still not a dress sole. I am with you though. I have toe taps put on all my leather soled shoes to prevent so wear so I am not sure that I would not prefer commando soles or topees in the future.
post #48533 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


#8 nst
argyles otc

Looking superb Uncle Mac! You show how #8 is truly the King of Shell.
post #48534 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


Alden's plantation sole seems to be the toughest. It does have some drawbacks though. That leather toe tip does wear and starts to pull away from the heal end where the 4 nails are. I have no had to have one of the leather tips replaced yet but I can see it happening some time. Also the crepe sole looks dirty all the time. a few years ago I swore off the crepe soles but now I need another pair of boots with them just because they are so good. The commando would be much dressier than the crepe sole, but it is still not a dress sole. I am with you though. I have toe taps put on all my leather soled shoes to prevent so wear so I am not sure that I would not prefer commando soles or topees in the future.

Here is an unconventional idea for crepe.....put a topy on the little leather patch? Might help with the pulling away part. I only have one pair on crepe, I prefer the commando if I can get it.

 

just thinking out loud here.

post #48535 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

can anyone comment on the heel of a leydon lasted shoe to that of the barrie? i have experience with a leydon chukka, and i think it's narrower but it was hard to tell.

Heel is definitely narrower than a barrie lasted shoe, more of a half-oval than a u shape. I have a lwb on both lasts. Leydon locks my foot in better, particularly across the forefoot, but the fit of the barrie is more rooted in the heel for me.
post #48536 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
#8 nst
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Welcome back Uncle. Are these #8 NSTs new? They look great.
post #48537 of 122416
Alden 904's in chocolate suede. First time wearing them with such a light trouser and I quite like the contrast. Trying to bring a bit of spring into my dress, despite the un-melted snow, yellow grass and grey skies of my surrounds.

post #48538 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Thank you. Nice boots. The before pic did no look shell to me at all. The after looked looked like shell. I was very confused. happy.gif

Thats the power of Elbow grease...

I wonder if Mac gasped in horror a bit when he saw those boots biggrin.gif

I might have gone longer than 17 wears without applying wax.
post #48539 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I wish I hadn't seen this pic, Uncle. Now I have to include the NST on my list of desired acquisitions. They look wonderful!  Aberdeen last? TTS? Wear in great health my friend...

nephew,
thank you for your good wishes
aberdeen last
highly recommend
post #48540 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Looking superb Uncle Mac! You show how #8 is truly the King of Shell.

nephew,
thank you
#8 is the king
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.