Per your request...(Clearly, my left foot is supinated)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3235post #48512 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:25ampost #48513 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:29ampost #48514 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by ResistantQuote:Are these Alden for BB? They don't look like the tremont last.
Barrie last shortwings museum quality. It's good to know that the BB is Tremont last I will check my size. So what then is the Snap last or was that a different retailer than Brooks Brothers.
I am enjoy this thread and was surprised how there is so much more to it, besides being envious of people's Alden shoe's and knowledge in this collective force for good.
Actually, the standard Alden 974 (short wt bal oxfords) is built on the tremont last. IMO your shoes did not look like the tremont, so I was asking if they were the BB version which is on the M-75 last, which according to some, are very similar to the plaza last. I am actually looking for a pair of the BB version and was curious. Cheers...post #48515 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:42amThor, thanks for throwing the pic up for us - really appreciate it. Fellas with the commando sole - would you say it's more or less durable than the average single or double leather soles? I'm the kinda guy that likes having stuff topy'd - I know it's not loved too much by everyone, but I'm a fan. had too many near-slips hahapost #48516 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:So far my commando seems to be tougher. I get a lot of toe wear on my leather soled shoes but none so far with my commando's. The commando sole seems to be more durable than the double leather soles on my Darlton's which seem to be tougher than the double leather soled Alden's.Originally Posted by david3558
Thor, thanks for throwing the pic up for us - really appreciate it. Fellas with the commando sole - would you say it's more or less durable than the average single or double leather soles? I'm the kinda guy that likes having stuff topy'd - I know it's not loved too much by everyone, but I'm a fan. had too many near-slips hahapost #48517 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:50amQuote:
Thanks Ahab - what about compared to the plantation crepe?
Side note - I can't stand toe wear on the leather soled shoes which is why I try to get everything tidied up with a topy.post #48518 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:51ampost #48519 of 1224164/15/13 at 10:53ampost #48520 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:00ampost #48521 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Fantastic to have you back with us, Uncle Mac. Congratulations on surviving tax season.
Fantastic RTP. Love your cigar.
Looking good. Thanks for your contribution.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Alden x JGilbert #8 Captoe
Forgive the cuffs being so high; pants pulled up off my ankles when I bent over to take the picture.
And here is some unadulterated imagery for those who follow a non-filter school of thought. Just how the boots fell when taking them off. I thought it beautiful.
Love these. I have a pair of #8 PCT boots but not on the Plaza and I'm really liking the look of that last. Enjoy wearing...post #48522 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Actually, the standard Alden 974 (short wt bal oxfords) is built on the tremont last. IMO your shoes did not look like the tremont, so I was asking if they were the BB version which is on the M-75 last, which according to some, are very similar to the plaza last. I am actually looking for a pair of the BB version and was curious. Cheers...
Good luck in your hunt for a BB pair. If you are willing to pay retail, I would suggest you call the online number and get a listing of all shops in the US that have them in stock. Perhaps you have done so...
Most Alden for BB models are built on a last the same as, or very similar to, Alden's factory model counterpart. The WT bal is one exception. The Tremont (974) and M-75 are completely different in appearance and fit. I personally consider the BB version to be more sleek, but both are nice. I own both color 8 models.post #48523 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:02ampost #48524 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:04ampost #48525 of 1224164/15/13 at 11:05am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noisy derbies 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Archival Maison Margiela line 10 field jacket 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...