Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3203
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't claim to know if a defect is natural or human-created, which is why I used the word "suggests." Also, I don't think it matters if it's natural or not with respect to choosing if you should keep a given pair.
Not sure what "special flower" means. Finally, are you saying I should move on to other brands because I'm too picky, or because Aldens are plagued by such imperfections?
There are brands that you can go to that would meet your needs. Such as EG or Rider Boot Co.
Last I checked j Gilbert had rider boots in a whiskey cordovan may have been produced before he decided to stop doing business with horween.
Believe me I've wanted to find AE shoes that suit my feet well. (Aldens have killed my clothing budget.) I have not been able to find a single AE shoe that meets the comfort, fit, and construction that Alden has. The 5 last (Fifth Avenue, Park Av, and strands) is pretty nice and I could go with it, but the shoe is not even close in comfort (IMHO). I am a huge fan of the LWB, and the McNeil is quite possibly the most impossible shoe to size for me. It is incredibly uncomfortable. I thought the Player in walnut might be a nice short wing blucher alternative, but they're even more difficult to find a comfortable pair.
While AE may have great CS, better QC, and they'll stand behind their shoes better, I have decided that buying an uncomfortable AE shoe is not worth it. I would rather spend a little more and know that I will be pleased. I have 12 pairs of Aldens (11 of which were bought BNIB) and I do not have any that I would consider flawed to the extent of a seconds declaration, but I may be a little more forgiving than Mediahound (no offense intended my friend).
Sorry for my AE rant. I know there are many here who enjoy both, just not me.
Its possible they are an old model or that he restarted with cordovan. He seemed frustrated at the time. I have a black bal cordovan boot from them, I rarely wear it but I have found it to be really useful and good looking when I do
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 28 minutes ago
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 31 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 33 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...