Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3199
Styleforum Top Picks
Not chukka on Leydon last but a nice makeup on Barrie just arrived at LS:
This is interesting - my 8.5D JCrew Cap Toe Boots are actually smaller in exterior dimension/circumference than my 8D LWBs. Both are Barrie last.
Interior feels about the same.
I know a lot depends on the width of the welt and the LWB have a really wide welt. But still interesting that an 8.5D is be smaller than an 8D.
This seems to be a theme for Barrie lasted high boots. For example, my 11 D Tankers on the Barrie appear to fit similarly to 10.5 D and 11 C PTBs on the Barrie.
RE: Alden quality control (or lack thereof) - you ain't kidding!
I went to Alden SF on my lunch break today and took a close look at 3 pairs of LWBs, every one had some form of small defect or another!
-One pair had a deep hammer tap imprint on the sole edge (that would only be able to be remedied when you have them resoled).
-One pair had pretty bad Color 8 uneven dye issues. Quite noticeable in indoor lighting and would be very noticeable out in the sun.
-One pair had some stitch holes right along a stitch seam where it looked like they messed up and then went back and re-sewed.
IMO, all three pairs should have been rejected as seconds, not first run quality.
The guys at the store said that one one pair is usually never absolutely perfect yet there can be varying degrees of imperfections. They also do not allow you to pick one shoe from one box and swap it with another box. This is likely because then they would end up with one pair where each shoe had some defect. From what I saw, usually only one shoe had some form of defect.
They were quite nice about it, had no problems letting me examine all of the pairs in my size they had in stock, and said on any of them I could get a refund or exchange if I decided I couldn't live it with after I got them home (as long as they were not worn).
On the one hand, when paying so much for a new pair of shoes, you want them to be virtually perfect. On the other hand, it is true that once you wear them for a few months, usually you start not really caring the about imperfections any more.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › JM Weston appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories