J Gilbert does a #8 shell plain toe boot on the Plaza. May work for you?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3195
Styleforum Top Picks
Tried posting this earlier, but don't know what happened to my post...I'll try again.
Quick question, guys: I just picked up my first pair of LWB's on a Leydon last in a 8 D. I wear a 7.5 D Indy boot. Do you guys also have a lot of room in the toe area? My big toe nails are right underneath the inside brogues, which are circled red in my pic. I can stick my index finger behind my heel when my feet are scrunched forward. Thanks in advance for the help!
Nice pick up. Black shell is underrated. My only pair is a longwing that I bought after some encouragement from Sevenfold (thanks man) and am glad I did. It's one of the more frequented shoes in my humble collection. I've been eyeing the plain toe for a while now and would love to see some pictures or one of your videos once you have them in-hand.
Is there any special care/instructions for taking care of the welt for the Indy boots? I have the 403 and the welt is darkening in color in places where I accidentally got some saphir renovateur on. I recall the welt being much lighter when I got it, and it's a darker, and nicer, brown now - but really dark where the reno got on it.
I picked up these short wingtip bal/oxfords form Alden DC a couple of months ago and have really grown to love them. The tremont last is different. I wasn't enthralled initially but they have grown on me... I was under the impression that Kathy had a bunch of them in stock. Not sure what their stock is like now. You should call and ask for all of their whiskey options in stock in your size.
I can't get enough from Tremont last. I have Leffot's Atoms and this last wears extremely well.
Good looking Whiskey SW.
Hi sevenfoldtieguy - rydenfan,
well - i wondered myself a bit - the fit in the 1/2 smaller Suede PTB was snuggy but definitely better than in my ususal size.
The unlined Shell No. 8 PTB i ordered yesterday at Alden DC i decided my usual Barrie size neverthless because Shell doesn't stretch that much.
You also actually need a #8 LWB, a #8 PTB, a Suede Chukka, a boot with a commando sole, a Cigar Indy, and a Ravello LWB.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE SCHOTT PERFECTO 618 SIZE 40 GOOD CONDITION 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...