J Gilbert does a #8 shell plain toe boot on the Plaza. May work for you?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3195
Styleforum Top Picks
Tried posting this earlier, but don't know what happened to my post...I'll try again.
Quick question, guys: I just picked up my first pair of LWB's on a Leydon last in a 8 D. I wear a 7.5 D Indy boot. Do you guys also have a lot of room in the toe area? My big toe nails are right underneath the inside brogues, which are circled red in my pic. I can stick my index finger behind my heel when my feet are scrunched forward. Thanks in advance for the help!
Nice pick up. Black shell is underrated. My only pair is a longwing that I bought after some encouragement from Sevenfold (thanks man) and am glad I did. It's one of the more frequented shoes in my humble collection. I've been eyeing the plain toe for a while now and would love to see some pictures or one of your videos once you have them in-hand.
Is there any special care/instructions for taking care of the welt for the Indy boots? I have the 403 and the welt is darkening in color in places where I accidentally got some saphir renovateur on. I recall the welt being much lighter when I got it, and it's a darker, and nicer, brown now - but really dark where the reno got on it.
I picked up these short wingtip bal/oxfords form Alden DC a couple of months ago and have really grown to love them. The tremont last is different. I wasn't enthralled initially but they have grown on me... I was under the impression that Kathy had a bunch of them in stock. Not sure what their stock is like now. You should call and ask for all of their whiskey options in stock in your size.
I can't get enough from Tremont last. I have Leffot's Atoms and this last wears extremely well.
Good looking Whiskey SW.
Hi sevenfoldtieguy - rydenfan,
well - i wondered myself a bit - the fit in the 1/2 smaller Suede PTB was snuggy but definitely better than in my ususal size.
The unlined Shell No. 8 PTB i ordered yesterday at Alden DC i decided my usual Barrie size neverthless because Shell doesn't stretch that much.
You also actually need a #8 LWB, a #8 PTB, a Suede Chukka, a boot with a commando sole, a Cigar Indy, and a Ravello LWB.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories