or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3177  

post #47641 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

color 4 on 4.4

 

 

I want those boots so bad!  They are gorgeous! 

post #47642 of 122416

I had to call day after day after day, and after about 10 days they finally returned my call... they're terrible.. just need to have some patience....

post #47643 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt92037 View Post

Any trick to getting somebody to answer the phone? I want to try a pair of the orthos as well get a set of waxed laces to replace the junk ones that came on my 404's.

 

(Sorry on the re-post - forgot to quote...) I had to call day after day after day, and after about 10 days they finally returned my call... they're terrible.. just need to have some patience....

post #47644 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemt View Post

I want those boots so bad!  They are gorgeous! 

I'll second that...

post #47645 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizor View Post

Just received my natural CXL Indys from Frans Boone, amazing service from this place; from the Netherlands to Australia in 3 days.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These are gorgeous. You'll love how they evolve over time and care. Care-wise, just brush them thoroughly after wear, and use a little Venetian or Reno when they look a bit dry. Enjoy! One of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Shoe Mart had a few pairs of the #4 captoe available last November.

I believe I can safely say I would kill for a pair of those boots.
post #47646 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

Would it be possible to order a shell longwing on a different last from the usual Barrie? I assume I could do this MTO through Alden, but it would probably cost an arm and a leg, amirite?
Contact Tom at Leather Soul. Leather Soul has a lot of experience with the Plaza last and I think would be the most likely to do it as long as you stick with calf or #8.
post #47647 of 122416

I'm with you on that, but I'd have a pipe going as well.

post #47648 of 122416
Was having a shit day and decided to get some air. Had a talk with my man about his square toe Kenny Coles.
post #47649 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

Was having a shit day and decided to get some air. Had a talk with my man about his square toe Kenny Coles.

Think you got across to him?
post #47650 of 122416
No.8 dress loafer shells today, yea I know "dress" with no socks... LHSs are being restored... LOL
post #47651 of 122416

Pretty sad i didn't get the Leffot #8s with antique edgetrim. how hard is it to have the dark edgetrim changed to antique? anybody know how much it costs? If it's not a big deal, I'd just buy a used pair of regular #8 longwings...

post #47652 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbie View Post

Pretty sad i didn't get the Leffot #8s with antique edgetrim. how hard is it to have the dark edgetrim changed to antique? anybody know how much it costs? If it's not a big deal, I'd just buy a used pair of regular #8 longwings...

My input on that is that the antique edge trim does tend to accentuate the clunkiness of the shoe so that's something to be aware of.

I've compared a color 8 LWB and Ravello LWB with antique edge trim and with the same with black edging and the black always seems to look sleeker. Just my thoughts.

In terms of your question I've heard that somebody has sanded off the black edging with a sander and then treated with natural clear edge treatment, however on such expensive shoes I don't know if I would attempt that on my own. Perhaps a good cobbler could do it for you?
post #47653 of 122416
Casual Friday. Snuff Suede Chukkas. J Crew Selvedge Denim.
post #47654 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

My input on that is that the antique edge trim does tend to accentuate the clunkiness of the shoe so that's something to be aware of.

I've compared a color 8 LWB and Ravello LWB with antique edge trim and with the same with black edging and the black always seems to look sleeker. Just my thoughts.

In terms of your question I've heard that somebody has sanded off the black edging with a sander and then treated with natural clear edge treatment, however on such expensive shoes I don't know if I would attempt that on my own. Perhaps a good cobbler could do it for you?

I just got the antique color 8s. They look awesome, but I agree, my most "sleek" looking cordo longwing are probably my ravello with dark brown edge trimming
post #47655 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I just got the antique color 8s. They look awesome, but I agree, my most "sleek" looking cordo longwing are probably my ravello with dark brown edge trimming

What's that saying.... A picture is worth something, something.
Pics of your newly acquired please:D and thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.