or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 317  

post #4741 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Tom- What would be the chance of ever seeing a plain toe boot in Cigar? Preferably Barrie last...

Something similar to this but in Cigar:


http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index...h_Boot_256.htm


On that note- does anybody have this boot? Likes/dislikes? Seems like it it basically a plain toe blucher in boot form...and with commando. I wear a black plain toe blucher with nice suits- if its shiny enough its practically a tux shoe...Could I pull that off with a boot like this? does the commando make it too casual/bulky?

Does anyone have any pics of this boot in action?

Hehe, go big or go home:

Plaza wingtip boot in Cigar: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/?s=alden+cigar

Also love those medallion tip burnished tan plaza bals.

Cigar is just ridiculous though. Just got the Indy boots and they certainly suffice as a dress boot (double leather sould ftw).
post #4742 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post
Does it look like the thread attaches the welt to the sole? Or does the thread connect to the sole? If either is true then the thread can wick water or moisture from the sole into the foot bed.

I don't think it's a stitch from the sole to the welt, more likely from the welt to the uppers I believe.
post #4743 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Tom- What would be the chance of ever seeing a plain toe boot in Cigar? Preferably Barrie last...

Something similar to this but in Cigar:


http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index...h_Boot_256.htm


On that note- does anybody have this boot? Likes/dislikes? Seems like it it basically a plain toe blucher in boot form...and with commando. I wear a black plain toe blucher with nice suits- if its shiny enough its practically a tux shoe...Could I pull that off with a boot like this? does the commando make it too casual/bulky?

Does anyone have any pics of this boot in action?
I have Barrie PTB's and a Barrie Plain Toe Boot and the boot seems sleeker than the shoes.
post #4744 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw View Post

ravello medallion tips

Those are beauties !


Kind regards,

William
post #4745 of 122416
Does anyone have photos of Leffot's Indy boots in cigar shell cordovan ? TIA !

William
post #4746 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Yeah, sorry about the no full boot pics.

Photos are cropped sections from an iPhone 3GS...not the 4, hence the relatively poor quality. It's also lit with a flashlight because it turns out the toe of a boot is damn dark.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy when I found this as otherwise the boots are sweet. I have to say, I love Alden boots but I have the worst luck with them. I own two very nice pair but I have purchased 3 others and had to return them for various reasons. This is my fourth pair with some sort of issue....trying to decide if I should keep them or if I should return them because of this.

Yup. Welcome to the club. I think if you are somewhat picky (like I am), you'll always find an issue with Aldens. They seem to be rushed in construction. I'm still looking for a good pair after having tried four or five.
post #4747 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by William S. View Post
Does anyone have photos of Leffot's Indy boots in cigar shell cordovan ? TIA ! William
Probably look similar to the one Tom sold (haha i like how the filename is "cindy")
post #4748 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
We have a shipment coming on Friday, I think your pair is on it!

post #4749 of 122416
recent "impulse" buy. Thanks Tom!



post #4750 of 122416
Sooooo nice... Congrats on these, they look excellent.
post #4751 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

Suggestions for reorders are always welcomed.


Barrie lasted chukka, snuff suede, plantation crepe sole.

Barrie lasted chukka (or boot), mahogany calf, brown soft calf, or chromexel, commando sole w/natural edge.

Black calf cap toe blucher, Aberdeen last, single leather sole.
post #4752 of 122416
Liek
post #4753 of 122416
Wow MiniW! those look very nice. Would you say the soft calf leather fits a bit looser or tighter than normal leather (or shell for that matter)? I'm curious since I've tried some Indy boots in a soft calf and they were much looser than the shell and chromexel counterparts.
post #4754 of 122416
Love those NSTs, but would love them more sans commando sole.
post #4755 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post
Love those NSTs, but would love them more sans commando sole.

I actually like the Commando Soles on those NST boots. To each their own I guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.